Thread: Ploppie playing with a cold

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Ploppie playing with a cold

This is something that happened a while back and I've seen the posts from a few months ago about thoroughly washing your hands after handling chips cash etc... I was playing Bj at an empty table sitting one chair away from first base. Ploppy sits down right next to me at first base and he is drinking red wine. I found that odd, I have played with non drinkers, beer drinkers, bourbon and scotch drinkers, but never a wine drinker. His second hand is a hard eighteen vs. a dealer 5 and he hits it I mumbled something like "you've got to be kidding me!" A few hands later he starts a coughing spell he turns his head down towards the floor and gets it under control and finishes his hand. A few more hands later he starts a sneezing fit and sneezes on the dealer without covering his mouth or turning his head. I asked him "Man are you SICK? or what!!!" he answered yes. I picked my chips and moved to third base he got a perturbed look on his face and started sneezing again. I told the dealer "color me up I'm here out of town working and I can't afford to get sick." Ploppy looks at me and says "Are you leaving because of me?" I said "Yea I'm going to take a shower you said you are sick, you sneezed on me and you're blowing snot all over the table!!" As I was leaving he shot me the bird and an F.U. the dealer smiled and said good luck.
    Last edited by What me worry; 11-16-2015 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by What me worry View Post
    This is something that happened a while back and I've seen the posts from a few months ago about thoroughly washing your hands after handling chips cash etc... I was playing Bj at an empty table sitting one chair away from first base. Ploppy sits down right next to me at first base and he is drinking red wine. I found that odd, I have played with non drinkers, beer drinkers, bourbon and scotch drinkers, but never a wine drinker. His second hand is a hard eighteen vs. a dealer 5 and he hits it I mumbled something like "you've got to be kidding me!" A few hands later he starts a coughing spell he turns his head down towards the floor and gets it under control and finishes his hand. A few more hands later he starts a sneezing fit and sneezes on the dealer without covering his mouth or turning his head. I asked him "Man are you SICK? or what!!!" he answered yes. I picked my chips and moved to third base he got a perturbed look on his face and started sneezing again. I told the dealer "color me up I'm here out of town working and I can't afford to get sick." Ploppy looks at me and says "Are you leaving because of me?" I said "Yea I'm going to take a shower you said you are sick, you sneezed on me and you're blowing snot all over the table!!" As I was leaving he shot me the bird and an F.U. the dealer smiled and said good luck.
    Assholes like this really need to be chewed out for their callousness and stupidity. You can be reasonably sure that you have just bumped into one if the local degenerates. Pits not likely to do anything - since you will often find dealers, also when sick but still needing to pay the rent, dealing. Despite this, i would still bring the FU and finger routine to the pits attention, in an audible tone sufficicient for others to hear, regardless of other issues to the contrary. This is a great time, if you have the ability to do so, to generate a halo as previously described in the farting protocol thread, into the offenders direction.

On a similar vein, the guys or ladies who don't wash their hands after the bathroom. I'll conclude my remarks by letting you surmise my comments to the idiot who didn't wash, yet still dried - and then sat down at my table. Don't worry about embarrassing stupidity of others.

I've done the same thing, where I was known, with no concern from the pit.

Strikes me as a good way to clear a table as an AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post
    I was thinking the same thing after I posted. I also contemplated coughing on him after he shot me the bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post
    AP is not a good profession if it turns you into an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    I kinda sorta think he's referring to a fake sneeze, a fake sniffle, perhaps enhanced by allergies. To knowingly play with communicable colds is truly being a dick.

Now, for myself, I never worry about getting gonorrhoea or syphillis - they are diseases of the Gentiles. Sorry about that

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Interestingly enough, came across a couple of Russians in 2 different cities. These robotic dummies are so predictable, it is uncanny.

This dude plays 1x25 at .99 and below, 2x150 at 1.0, 2x300 at p,us 2, right back to 1x25 next hand if count falls under 1. Notwithstanding my thoughts on his 1.0 TC jump, knowing he was heavily watched, took the opportunity for some ploppy playtime. When you know you are being watched, take the opportunity to look like an idiot. This 1 dick, I think is counting audibly, in Russian. Fooling absolutely no one, discerned from the 3/6 cut.

No interaction with anyone. He's always texting after every round - interestingly enough, so is his partner. Could it be they are texting each other?

Frankly, no class - virtually same results can be obtained by utilizing other well known techniques. Jumping from 1 to hands, back to one, like a toilet sat, just piisss off the bill paying ploppies.