See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Side Bet and Spreading Question.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Side Bet and Spreading Question.

Hey guys, So, I recently stumbled upon a recent side bet and it aroused my interest in a way that made my little CC brain jump. The side bet seems to weigh larger value cards more than the others in the deck: Bad Beat Blackjack: The object is to be beaten by the dealer when you have a 'pat' hand. Ex: you have an A,8. The dealer then shows a 10,10. You will then win 15 to 1 on the side bet. Here is the schedule: 19-19, 20,20, 21-21 (Push) win 5:1; 19-20 or 21 (Lose) win 15:1; 20 Loses to natural and unnatural 21's 25:1. 10,9 and A,8 both count as 19. Side bet is not suite dependent. 10,10 and A,9 both count as 20. Blackjacks are given. The side bet is for the first two cards only. So, if you double A,8 against a 6 in 6D, you will lose the side bet. If 19, 20, and 21 are made on the first two cards for the player, and the dealer does not beat you, then it is considered a push. For the life of me, I cannot find out how to weigh each card value. Anyone have some experience with this side bet or could give me some insight on how to evaluate it? Second question. Spreading to two hands means that you should bet 70% of what you would originally bet if single-handed. Ex: Your ramp calls for a 10 spread on 6D. Two handed allows a 7 spread with the same winrate. Correct? If this is true, then three-handed allows at least 50-55% on each hand relative to the original spread. In this case, each hand would spread to 5 units at max bet. Correct?
    Last edited by lij45o6; 11-04-2015 at 03:27 PM.