See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: More thoughts on simplicity. lol

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Saw a girl on Second Ave walking in spiked heels while using her phone. She was unable to master both tasks simultaneously, and ended up leaning against a building to finish her call. I would not ask her to join a counting team.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    I am well aware that I am not very welcome on this site, but I have no intention of leaving.
    Kj. You are being ridiculous. You were one of the most respected and welcomed posters on this site for a long time. Then your posts just changed and your attitude became impossible. How you are looked at is directly related to how your posts went from polite attempts to be helpful to hostile attacks on other respected posters. That may be how things are on most other sites but I bet most that post here do it because of the civility and respect shown to other members of the community. The mindset is just geared to be more civil and those that slip of that path will put some people off. I think Norm has done a great job of keeping the BS that runs rampant on almost every forum to a minimum and I believe those that post here are grateful for it and find it a breath of fresh air from the other foul smelling forums they might visit. Now just tone down the flatulence and you will be fine. There is no right or wrong side to the debate. The answer to what is the best count depends on so many factors and they are rarely discussed in the count debate threads.

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Saw a girl on Second Ave walking in spiked heels while using her phone. She was unable to master both tasks simultaneously, and ended up leaning against a building to finish her call. I would not ask her to join a counting team.
    That wasn't even a real girl. You would have recognized this if you hadn't been so engrossed in a higher level count.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    That wasn't even a real girl. You would have recognized this if you hadn't been so engrossed in a higher level count.
    Wow. You just can't learn a thing can you.

KJ, you keep bringing up the the perceived problem of newbies being continually pushed to initially learn higher level counts. Granted, many posters here ballyhoo level 2 and higher counts.
    But I remember when I started learning to count and saw how much practice and patience it was going to take that I settled on KO then TKO.
    I really think most newbies gravitate to the simplest count. I didn't try flamenco guitar the first time either, it was more like Mel Bay.
    I believe you worry to much about it. The newbies will figure it out once they get their feet wet at a live table with real money.

Good cards as always,
    Met
    “One man’s remorse is another man’s reminiscence.” Ogden Nash

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Here's the point, KJ: on a secondary level of discussion, you've reduced your argument to the same one as the first time, namely, now the problem is mastering a higher-level count but getting away with it. And again, your reasoning seems to be: if, indeed, you are (remarkably?) capable of learning a higher-level system, well, then, unfortunately, there just can't be any room left in your brain to do the myriad other things necessary for a skillful player to ply his craft. And again, that's just plain silly. Again, it's because YOU wouldn't be comfortable using a level-2 or 3 count and doing all those other things that you described in your post. But, do you really think that I can't do those same things? Or hundreds of other counters?

I'm not casting any aspersions, KJ, but card counting isn't brain surgery. And there are an awful lot of people out there employing all the camouflage, all the surveillance, and all the diversionary tactics that you employ, all the while using complex counts, and ... chewing gum at the same time.

Don
    If someone is currently using a level 1 count (say HiLo), and they wanted to improve their game, in which way would you advise them to improve their game? Of course it depends on their environmental conditions and how motivated/serious the player is. Learn a better count? Count multiple tables? Or......both? I certainly hope you wouldn't recommend learning a more advanced count over counting multiple tables...and especially not both [adv. count & muti tables] at the same time.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

I thought I was doing well with my level 2 count and camo plays. Now I have to learn to chew gum too? That opens up a whole new debate, like what kind of gum works better for instance.
    "No sir, I have no experience, but I'm a big fan of money. I like it, I use it, I have a little. I keep it in a jar on top of my refrigerator. I'd like to put more in that jar. That's where you come in." -Adam Sandler

Well I abhor errors. For that reason I wouldn't try to count 2 tables at once. It may be fine for others and I understand the benefits but I strive to play perfectly or sacrificing EV when I think it has a plus side. I don't want to start a shoe knowing I made some errors. I guess if you are error prone to begin with errors don't seem like such a big deal.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Wow. You just can't learn a thing can you.
    Did you not notice the devilish emoticon? That's another thing about you math guys....you are so damn serious all the time. (no offense....)

Blog Entries

Oh yeah, here's a picture of her:

Cat-Ballou-Horse.jpg
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Banned or Suspended

That horse looks like the one Flash bet on. Just kiddin ya brotha!

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    "Excellent post, Don. Didn't even look for spelling errors."

You could spend your time more productively.

Don
    I did note a discrepancy in paragraph 1
    Level 1
    Level-2
    Level-3

Comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Oh yeah, here's a picture of her:

Cat-Ballou-Horse.jpg
    http://youtu.be/SKRma7PDW10

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast