See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: More thoughts on simplicity. lol

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    But, your comments to Don were offensive.
    Really? How so?

I respect Don a great deal and certainly didn't mean to offend him. I thought I was careful not to. Obviously by your remark, I am clueless in this regard. So If I offended you Don, I do apologize.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    Freightman, you continue post with great hostility. Why are you incapable of engaging in respectful discussion?

Marathons are absolutely run at less than full speed to conserve energy. Blackjack IS a marathon. I couldn't have made a better point myself. Thank you.
    You are not the same KJ from years ago. You have an inability to accept different viewpoints and/or approaches. I really get tired of you continually telling me (Meaning non hi Lo players) how tired and error prone I/we are, because I/we do not use Hi Lo. You also skirt around issues, failing to answer some of the tough questions, while pounding your Vegas style iof doing business onto unsuspecting newbies. BJ players, as in any field of endeavour, are going to succeed or fail on their own merits or weaknesses - not their count system. That seems to escape you - what also escapes you is your inability to understand that personal drive is a powerful tool - that players will progress, or stay where they are based in a number of factors which suit their frequency, style of play and ambition.

New players are likely to develop their initial abilities on the first count that they come across - which may be KO, red 7, of hi Lo. Those would seem to be the most common. Players will stay where they are, or move around based in numerous factors. As I've said, you fail to recognize that your maniacally focused opinions are actually the disservice that you are accusing others of.

The only other thought I have right now is when your 10th departure will occur. Keep me posted.

You don't want to understand the concept of different strokes for different folks. I'm twice your age, but your personal outlook is ancient.

Great post Don. I had written something similar but you said it so well I deleted it and will let your post speak for everyone that doesn't try to stereotype individuals into a one description describes everyone box. We as AP's must think outside the box and the box KJ puts everyone in really handicaps his thinking. I nominate Don's post for Post Of The Month.
    and two, there is a reason most professional players solo as well as teams, including most of the 'famous' teams everyone knows about employs Hi-lo and not some higher level count that can squeeze out a few more pennies for much more work. I mean surely the MIT team had the ability to have played a level 2 or 3 count with side counts. It's just not worth the effort. Diminishing returns.
    Apparently you don't know what the primary reason is. They need disposable players that will burn their face and name out so the bar is set low. Most players are too smart to do that but for some it fits the short career they see for themselves. An easily mastered system allows for more throwaway players. It also allows the genius players that can do more efficient counts to use disposable but trainable lesser skilled players by using the same count as they will be using. Many freelance teams that play as individuals on the same BR have lots of more efficient counts being used. Every team that approached me had most players using more advanced counts but that depended on what they were targeting. Targeting the Lucky Ladies bet (which was the bread and butter of one team that tried to recruit me) all you needed was a good ace neutral count. The best are Level 2 that are weaker at the main game. Just like with what is the best choice for an individual the best choice for a team depends on the extra methods they intend on using and the game/side bets they plan to target.

Banned or Suspended

Im curious. Does anyone find all these discussions incredibly boring, tenuous, and virtually useless? Are they are old-fashioned, rehashed, and no longer represent relative merit of a counting system?

"Excellent post, Don. Didn't even look for spelling errors."

You could spend your time more productively.

Don

No offense, Don, you are a math guy. I think people think I say that as a derogatory term. I don't.
    That's a hard statement to sell when preceded by no offense. You clearly think it is a derogatory statement. You see the difference between you and a math guy is you guess that you technique is worth 50-75% and have no good reason to think that. A math guy would be sure his technique was worth 68.58%. He wouldn't make rookie mistakes like saying the gain of something is this change in EV when there is a lot of gain not showing up there since it is showing up in lower RoR. If he used a stat to show the gain of changing something it would have all the gain showing up in that stat. Both Don and I have corrected you on you 5-10% gain comment on numerous occasions. Don's book shows it to be 15-20%. The sims show it to be 15-20% or more. Yet you have never changed you 5-10% despite knowing it is wrong. You just keep eroding your credibility. A reliable source would change his diatribe once a part is proven wrong. Since you didn't your reliability is called into question. Do you just have a learning disability or are you just so invested in being right that you refuse to put the accurate info in your posts. There hasn't been anything new in them for years now. Yet many points you regularly post were proven wrong.

"I nominate Don's post for Post Of The Month."

Wrong site! Have been posting on the other one since the day it opened. Probably the most prolific poster in the history of the site. Never won POM one single time. Obviously, haven't had anything important to say in the last 20 years! LOL!!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    On team play, it depends on the type of team. Many team methodologies involve expendable players. In these cases, a simple strategy is used to bring new players up to speed quickly. They are often dumped just as quickly. But, that is just one type of team. In other teams, more complex strategies are often used, and different players may use different strategies.
    Well at least I am not the only one that can objectively look at why teams often use easy to master systems.

Marathons are absolutely run at less than full speed to conserve energy. Blackjack IS a marathon. I couldn't have made a better point myself. Thank you.
    You beat me to it.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    "Didn't even look for spelling errors."
    The hilarity continues apace. No spelling errors, but a syntactic one.

Moses said "tenuous" but I make it 9 to 1 that he meant "tedious."

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    The only other thought I have right now is when your 10th departure will occur. Keep me posted.
    I am respectfully asking you to please stop with this type of response. I did not mention, nor have any intention of leaving.

Norm did this last week as well. In a post that I explained why I am passionate about my position and vowed to tone it down and work with Norm and everyone to make this site stronger, Norm responded with something like "for the 12th time either leave or don't leave". I made no mention of leaving so please stop with that stuff. That is hurtful to me.

I am well aware that I am not very welcome on this site, but I have no intention of leaving.

Here's the point, KJ: on a secondary level of discussion, you've reduced your argument to the same one as the first time, namely, now the problem is mastering a higher-level count but getting away with it. And again, your reasoning seems to be: if, indeed, you are (remarkably?) capable of learning a higher-level system, well, then, unfortunately, there just can't be any room left in your brain to do the myriad other things necessary for a skillful player to ply his craft. And again, that's just plain silly. Again, it's because YOU wouldn't be comfortable using a level-2 or 3 count and doing all those other things that you described in your post. But, do you really think that I can't do those same things? Or hundreds of other counters?

I'm not casting any aspersions, KJ, but card counting isn't brain surgery. And there are an awful lot of people out there employing all the camouflage, all the surveillance, and all the diversionary tactics that you employ, all the while using complex counts, and ... chewing gum at the same time.

Don

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    The hilarity continues apace. No spelling errors, but a syntactic one.

Moses said "tenuous" but I make it 9 to 1 that he meant "tedious."
    Nope. I win again. Tenuous; meaning flimsy, uncertain, or weak...and they hate it when you say that word referring to HI LO. Tedious would be used in the same sentence when descibing PE and BC discussions.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast