See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best strategy for weird BJ varient

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Best strategy for weird BJ varient

6 decks, one split, can hit on split Aces, dealer sticks on S17, full reshuffle each game, 6 card player hand beats all dealer hands except BJ.

Splitting does not double your bet, and there is no double option or insurance.

You win £10.40 if you don't split and your hand wins, or you split and win BOTH hands
    You lose £10 if you don't split and your hand loses, or you split and lose BOTH hands
    You push on any game that contains any tied hand, or a win-lose split

What splits should I take in this game, that I wouldn't in a normal BJ game and vice versa, and can anyone work out the ratio of won to lost games with best strategy and the house edge?
    Last edited by Calavera; 11-02-2015 at 01:11 AM.

You said 6 decks and "full reshuffle each game" in the description. Do you mean this is on a continuous shuffler? Or are you trying to imply they take all 6 decks out, shuffle them, deal 1 round, then shuffle them again?

There's a LOT of things to consider in a game like this. No doubling is pretty bad. However, your splits are "free" and if you win just 1 of your split hands you push the overall bet, so this would lead me to believe splitting often is a good idea. So when you win you get paid 1.04 times your bet? Is there any reason for this, or they just give you a .04 win bonus or something?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Sounds like some kind of online games ,shady. Can not be counted ,no special rules(early surrender) to compensate. rip off .

Quote Originally Posted by Romes View Post
    You said 6 decks and "full reshuffle each game" in the description. Do you mean this is on a continuous shuffler? Or are you trying to imply they take all 6 decks out, shuffle them, deal 1 round, then shuffle them again?

There's a LOT of things to consider in a game like this. No doubling is pretty bad. However, your splits are "free" and if you win just 1 of your split hands you push the overall bet, so this would lead me to believe splitting often is a good idea. So when you win you get paid 1.04 times your bet? Is there any reason for this, or they just give you a .04 win bonus or something?
    It's an electronic machine found at a bookmaker, so it is automatically shuffled each turn, (but I have faith in the randomness). You actually get a different kind of payout, but I've calcucated that it's effecively worth just over £1.04 to the £ in the long run, so for simplicity that's what I worked with. (It's actually a streak with 4 levels; level 1 pays nothing, level 2 pays £1.50, level 3 pays another £3, level 4 pays another £6)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Calavera View Post
    6 decks, one split, can hit on split Aces, dealer sticks on S17, full reshuffle each game, 6 card player hand beats all dealer hands except BJ.

Splitting does not double your bet, and there is no double option or insurance.

You win £10.40 if you don't split and your hand wins, or you split and win BOTH hands
    You lose £10 if you don't split and your hand loses, or you split and lose BOTH hands
    You push on any game that contains any tied hand, or a win-lose split

What splits should I take in this game, that I wouldn't in a normal BJ game and vice versa, and can anyone work out the ratio of won to lost games with best strategy and the house edge?
    Calavera,

Question: does the 4% bonus apply if you're dealt a Jack-King, stand on your 20, and win, or does your 20 have to be matched (like Q-Q or 10-10)?

Dog Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Hand View Post
    Calavera,

Question: does the 4% bonus apply if you're dealt a Jack-King, stand on your 20, and win, or does your 20 have to be matched (like Q-Q or 10-10)?

Dog Hand
    It applies to any non-split hand whether or not it could have been split, I was just clarifying the rules regarding splitting i.e a win-push, push-push, push-lose and win-lose split are all an identical result as far as this bet goes.

Also a win-win split is idenical to a win and a lose-lose split is identical to a lose.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    If you expect anyone to answer intelligently you must specify ALL the rules and procedures for the game. Not leak them out a little at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    If you expect anyone to answer intelligently you must specify ALL the rules and procedures for the game. Not leak them out a little at a time.
    You're an idiot. The first post was complete. It fully detailed the game, and assigned the winning value of the hand at 1.04 as a simplicity. I can tell that I won't get any help here though, as it seems to be just idiots and posers,

Blog Entries

You're an idiot.
    If you expect an answer, don't call people idiots.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    If you expect an answer, don't call people idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Romes
    No doubling is pretty bad. However, your splits are "free" and if you win just 1 of your split hands you push the overall bet, so this would lead me to believe splitting often is a good idea.
    I think this was the only part of the thread that even came close to being helpful, it was advice I'd already figured out myself but at least it was on point. As for everybody else in the thread including you, I stand by my statement: posers and idiots

My last post. (I know door, back, way out etc.)

Blog Entries

"I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

You're an idiot. The first post was complete. It fully detailed the game, and assigned the winning value of the hand at 1.04 as a simplicity. I can tell that I won't get any help here though, as it seems to be just idiots and posers,
    If you have it figured out for yourself than don't ask the question. If you want someone else to take a fresh look at it give them all the info about the game so they can do it the way they would, using the relevant info and disregarding what THEY feel is not relevant. You have DogH interested which will get you the most in depth analysis if you could give hime the info he needs but instead decide he doesn't need it and shut him down. That is not the attitude of a successful AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I don't know about you, but 15 Wienerschnitzels is my limit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast