Thread: interesting side bet i just met

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

interesting side bet i just met

Last edited by BJjunkey92; 10-31-2015 at 06:34 PM.

Can you win multiple bets with the same hand? For example, would A/5 count as both a 6 and 16? Or do you have to pick if it's counted as 6 or as 16 [and the other bet would lose]? Of course, that matters (it's better if it counts as both, obviously).
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Last edited by BJjunkey92; 10-31-2015 at 06:34 PM.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to do sims for this game. I was just asking ahead of time, so the math guys who respond next might have a better idea of how to do it properly.

Just a stab in the dark here, but going after the 18:1 BJ is probably going to be the best/easiest one to figure out. Basically, if your chances of getting a blackjack are better than 1 in 19, then it's +EV. For that, you could look up a "blackjack by true count" graph (I'm sure one exists somewhere on qfit)...or do the math yourself (just side count A's and T's), figure out how many excess A's and T's you need in a deck for it to be +EV, and go from there. At least...that's how I'd approach it [short of asking here, which is probably the best thing to do anyway].
    Last edited by RS; 10-31-2015 at 04:00 AM.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Ok i calculated that for the BJ bet at hi-lo count of 3TC the edge tips and the player has a 1.3% edge, at 4TC its 5.5% and at 5TC its around 10%. I am not really good at those calculations so if someone can double check me it will be great.

Last edited by BJjunkey92; 10-31-2015 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BJjunkey92 View Post
    Ok i calculated that for the BJ bet at hi-lo count of 3TC the edge tips and the player has a 1.3% edge, at 4TC its 5.5% and at 5TC its around 10%. I am not really good at those calculations so if someone can double check me it will be great.

BJjunkey92,

For a 6D game, I get a 1.31% player's edge at TC+2, 6.02% at +3, and 10.94% at +4. The edge increases by about 5% per TC.

If you'd like to discuss this in more detail, please contact me at doghand21 at yahoo dot com.

Dog Hand