See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here splits 10s?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Who here splits 10s?

I have never done it before, I'm too scared.

I do it but most of the time I forget about the play because it is so rare. I am usually trying to play that big count fast before other players jump in and eat the cards.

I do it whenever appropriate, as well as re-splitting if the count still warrants it, as well as doubling on A,9 whenever appropriate.
    Opinions and Commentary on the Gaming Industry: The Bear Growls

Rarely encountered . I have done it a few times cause it was relatively heat free ,and I don't give a hoot at those places. At the places that I care and afraid to lose it too quick then I do not do it.

I have done it on a handful of occasions when it is warranted. I can also say, with great delight, I have never lost a hand splitting 10s.

I've done it once and probably will never do it again.

The count was good so I split my faces and pulled 2 more. The pit boss started *****ing about how they wished I would have lost to teach me a lesson. About 20 minutes later two suites came over and told me I couldn't play anymore. The thing that pissed me off the most was I was losing at the time.
    "No sir, I have no experience, but I'm a big fan of money. I like it, I use it, I have a little. I keep it in a jar on top of my refrigerator. I'd like to put more in that jar. That's where you come in." -Adam Sandler

I've never split tens when warranted.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Quote Originally Posted by Avincow View Post
    I have never done it before, I'm too scared.
    You ought to ,usually someone will react. Unless you are a ploppy,the result likely to be nasty.

Can someone who's worked it out tell me what is the approximate loss in hourly EV under standard conditions (full-Kelly, 6D, standard rules) for not splitting tens at high counts?
    I.... feel so right doing the Wong thing!!! 9-5! 9-5! 9-5! Every king that screws her makes me feel alive!!

Splitting 10s at the proper count is worth slightly over 0.1%, a significant gain. I split 10s only once this century, the play generates too much heat.
    Last edited by mofungoo; 10-27-2015 at 04:35 AM.

What about the LOSS in longevity that results from splitting tens? Does the 0.1% gain in EV counter-act the loss of play time? Those are rhetorical questions, by the way.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

I do it in Spanish-never Blackjack.

Quote Originally Posted by RollingStoned View Post
    What about the LOSS in longevity that results from splitting tens? Does the 0.1% gain in EV counter-act the loss of play time? Those are rhetorical questions, by the way.
    After a 10-split or A,9 double down, my session ends as soon as the count tanks, which it usually does after the 10-split.
    Opinions and Commentary on the Gaming Industry: The Bear Growls

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast