Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calculating EoR for side bets

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Calculating EoR for side bets

Hi BJTF, I'm new to the forum but not new to AP. However, I am new to analyzing side bets. I'd like to determine EoR and develop a count system for a few side bets.

When determining EoR, should I remove a single card (one ace), or all of the cards (4xdecks aces)?
    Can this be done without simulation? Re-calculate house edge with 12 value cards in stead of 13?

If anybody would be so kind as to share some code with me for simulations, that would really help me out. Then I can modify it to fit my needs.

Check out apheat.com will help with your concepts.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Banned or Suspended

Use a Combinatorial Analyzer,

several of which are freeware.

Last edited by ZenMaster_Flash; 10-22-2015 at 02:08 PM.

Banned or Suspended

Familiarize yourself with wizardofodds.com.

to find analyses of virtually all BJ side bets.

I'm hoping to derive EoR myself, not just see what other people have calculated. I asked for some help from APheat and he pretty much told me to "go figure it out yourself". I think I've got an answer, but I haven't attempted a simulation of hands using a count system.

I'll check out the combination analyzer. It looks like a short cut to the answer. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MathDegenerate View Post
    I'm hoping to derive EoR myself, not just see what other people have calculated. I asked for some help from APheat and he pretty much told me to "go figure it out yourself". I think I've got an answer, but I haven't attempted a simulation of hands using a count system.

I'll check out the combination analyzer. It looks like a short cut to the answer. Thanks!
    yes ,I was excited to learn that I can beat lucky lucky. I havnt looked into yet much yet.
    assumptions are the mother of all mistakes.

MathDegenerate

How about contacting me at bodarc100 at yahoo.com
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

Search for MGP Analyzer, go to googlecode and search for simmar as well as ChemMeister or iCountNTrack. Also check out the combinatorial analyzer available at bjstrat.com.

Those offer different software approaches to calculating EOR's as well as EV's for different hands and deck compositions.

Hope that helps.
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Bodarc, if you could only help me with your spreadsheet wizardry in generating a spreadsheet to calcluate PE for counting system variants.

Successfully done so for BC using information from TTOBJ (Peter Griffin) and old articles from Clarke Cant (sp? - not at home so no access to that old posting). BC results not far off from results gained from Norm's online app. Generated EOR's with cdca from kc over at bjstrat.com. Surprised to find difference in EPR's compared to numbers everyone has accepted from TTOBJ.

Hope you, or another might be able to lend me a hand in developing formula for spreadsheet to generate PE.
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Frank

I do not know how to calculate the PE. Here are two references that show calculating the correlation coefficient for BE and the effects of removal for PE. It seems PE is not the same as Playing Correlation Coefficient and I don't know how to compute it without research.

If you know the formulas etc and only need help with spreadsheet work, I'd be glad to help you with that but I think you need more than that.

Sorry

http://web.archive.org/web/200807241...ats/correl.htm

http://web.archive.org/web/200901061...or/peor1ds.htm
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

Great site, visit it often when initially analyzing and researching blackjack issues. If only ... Shame that things happened and Dr. Reid is not around, and his site ended with him.

Recall that he had some amazing package of software, but noone has them, other than I think Norm, and it was machine restricted so he couldn't copy and open it in another computer. My recollection may be off, but Norm can correct the record, if he so desires.

Bodarc, you are correct. I am searching for guidance on generating a formula for PE that can be converted to a spreadsheet formula, but this mathematically challenged 50+ attorney, is not up to relearning calculus and beyond. So it would have to be as simple to generate as was BC formula.
    Last edited by Frank Galvin; 10-23-2015 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Responding to Bodarc's post.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Frank here is a post that may provide some insight:

https://www.blackjacktheforum.com/sh...-Unusual-Games

Much apologies for resurrecting an old thread, as I know that is bad form. However, I was recently contacted by someone wishing to use Simmar for Spanish 21 combinatorial analysis. And I see it referenced in this thread.

I have been out of the game for a few years. But the code is alive and well. However, I offer no help. I'm way too busy trying to change the world and all that jazz. Yet you can find all my source code and instructions here:

https://code.google.com/archive/p/simmar/

About me:

- ZenMaster_Flash knows how to get in touch with me IRL so if anyone wishes to get in contact with me, (again, I'm out of the game, but still around!) reach out to him.

- I used to post on the old blackjackinfo bulletin board as assume_R. Any old-timers who have been around since 2011 might remember me. I helped pave the way for some Sp21 work. And I have some really cool spreadsheets for RoR I can share with people.

- You can see all my old posts from pre-2011 https://www.blackjackinfo.com/commun...assume_r.4887/ You might learn something!

- One day I might dox myself. Not today. Too many big things going on IRL before I can dox.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast