Over time, I have noticed a lot of posts on "this game is playable" "this game is sheeeeet". "These are good rules", etc. And of course, there is no agreement and it seems to change over time. In my personal experience, playing conditions have WORSENED over time as to the "rules". H17 more than S17. No RSA except for a very, very few. No DAS on any pitch games, etc. But there are still some places that have better rules. Just trying to get a feel from this board as to the games around the country without looking at CBJN because I want YOUR opinion.

This was posted on one thread:

BJ pays 3-2
All 6D shoe dealt games
Double on any two cards and double after split
Split up to 4 hands
Split aces once - one card dealt
Dealer hits on soft 17
No surrender
+3 side bet available
Dealer cuts off approx. 1.5 decks in shoe - will vary by dealer from 1-2 decks so penetration can vary from 83%-66%

This seems to be pretty standard shoe rules at most places I play or am able to play when traveling. Here, the rules are a bit better. Still S17. Some houses still offer surrender. Not many. So I think my shoe game is more playable.

But I saw two opinions on the above conditions. One calling them crap. One saying it was playable. I'm sure penetration is a factor.

Query: Just WHAT do you consider a minimum playable shoe game? What rules? Seems that it depends upon what part of country you are in, I guess. But to call these bad rules............when they appear pretty standard to me makes me think a little.

I'm purposely just trying to get a feel from the board WHAT games you will actually play.