Thread: Counting strategies

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Counting strategies

Hi,

I've memorized basic strategy and now am doing counting strategy. I noticed there's a bunch of them such as HiLo, HiLo complete, Reko, etc... can someone explain to me what the most common games out there are and which strategy is optimal for the majority of games available today in 2015? Is the HiLo system on verite based on multiple deck indices? also, on the mobile app, how do i make it so verite can tell me how to vary my bet for example when TC=1 bet 5$, TC=2 bet 25$, TC=3 300$?

Thanks.

very new to this all.
    -BJprive

Banned or Suspended

Optimal, or nearly so, for all GAMES, is Hi-Opt II

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    Optimal, or nearly so, for all GAMES, is Hi-Opt II
    ZenMaster_Flash,

You are biased towards the Hi-Opt II count. I don't understand why you don't recommend counts other than Hi-Opt II. Like Omega II, Zen, Mentor, or Wong Halves.

Blog Entries

Most people use HiLo or KO.
    The HiLo tables in Verite are different for single-deck and shoes.
    In the app, click Customize on the betting screen.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    "I don't understand why you don't recommend counts other than Hi-Opt II. Like Omega II, Zen, Mentor, or Wong Halves."
    Because, not only is Hi-Opt II slightly superior, but it is also easier and more accurate.
    In BJ slight differences are like compound interest, and after sufficient time has passed
    the rewards are highly significant, in spite of what some will say to the contrary.

Easier is an extremely subjective term. Please elaborate on the ways in which you believe Hi-Opt II is "easier" vis-a-vis other counting systems.
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Galvin View Post
    "Easier is an extremely subjective term. Please elaborate on the ways in which you believe Hi-Opt II is "easier" vis-a-vis other counting systems."
    "Easy" is only partially subjective.
    If a process contains less steps or
    can be completed as accurately in
    less time, it is easier,
    Ceteris paribus.

Hi-Opt II is easy because there are no
    8's or 9's to count and paired cards are
    easily summed to zero.

You shouldn't worry about using an easy approach but how to make the complex easy. The way you do that is to practice until something is easy and then try to do something else that is more complex until that is easy. We all did this throughout our schooling and we continued to build on our abilities as we progressed. You don't have to use the most complicated approach that you can do but any step down from that should be easy as you continue to develop better abilities. I can remember when I thought performing any building block for math was challenging. As I progressed fro addition/subtraction to multiplication /division to exponents to solving for x instead of filling in the question mark to reducing to prime numbers to binomial and polynomial equations to solving simultaneous equations on up through graduate level math once I mastered a step in the rung performing any lesser step was effortless.

Sure canceling cards have a few more combinations when you use a level 2 count but really how hard is it to recognize those combinations? It is easy once you have done it for a while and eventually it becomes effortless and basically automatic, something you do without any thought. Then you keep the level 2 with a side count. Then you keep a level 2 with a level 2 balanced side count with no count overlap. Then you keep 2 multilevel counts with a 25% overlap of cards in the 2 counts, that is about 25% of the cards in the deck are counted in both counts in opposite directions. The cancellation process for the latter is very complicated. I can tell you with certainty from experience that with enough practice it becomes a fast automatic thought-free process. Then when I look back at any of the easier steps I have mastered they all seem ridiculously easy.

That is how you make the complex simple. We were all trained on how to did this by the structure of the education process.