See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Never Assume and Never Ask

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I was playing at an out of town venue in a new location. The game was H17. For several shoes, the rather poor dealer stood on all soft 17's. There were lots of them. Critter eventually saw one and stopped it. Can't believe the eye didn't catch it this was a hi limit table. There was lots of dumb stuff, but I just don't want to get into much detail now.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Can't believe the eye didn't catch it this was a hi limit table. There was lots of dumb stuff, but I just don't want to get into much detail now.
    Well you know the EITS wasn't watching and that could be useful info.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Or the EITS is an idiot and didnt realize the rule difference either

It was duly noted.

You should have pointed out that you lost a bunch of these bets and they now owe you x times that extra amount they denied you. They took the extra they wouldn't pay you on numerous times when you lost so if they won't pay it they have no right to have taken it on those other times. Most likely they would have paid you and told you not to do it again or next time they won't pay it.
    I was thinking the same thing, but it really depends on how much the store is worth to the AP. If you are doing a slash and burn, then you might want to push it, but I could also see someone deciding not to raise a fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougfan View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, but it really depends on how much the store is worth to the AP. If you are doing a slash and burn, then you might want to push it, but I could also see someone deciding not to raise a fuss.
    You are probably right. I win a favorable decision almost all of the time with these disputes but I did lose a sweatshop from raising to much of a fuss. They knew I was counting and had made it clear what they would tolerate and I was happy to play within those limits for a couple years but after making that fuss I got backed off on my return. The store kind of sucked but dealt a great game. I never did very well there despite the game quality. Other stores I crushed much worse games. I am just glad I didn't get added to any books. I try to handle myself better after that. Hopefully I am succeeding.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12