A little over a week ago I posted a new all-time high of winning $11.4k for the year.

A mere six sessions later, I have lost half of those winnings.

NOTHING will go right. Whoever I am playing with, usually one other person, gets dealt all the good hands. I get dealt all the stiffs and invariably bust. There are no bumps, it is just one downhill slide. When I get 20 the dealer always pulls a backdoor blackjack or draws to 21.
I have NOT increased my bets. I still get my fair shoe of favourable shoes. Except I virtually never win any hands when that happens.

In 18 hours of play, I estimate I have lost 10% of my turnover. TEN PERCENT. That's equivalent to the 25 times the theoretical house edge - or - a worse game than triple zero roulette.

The last time I had a losing streak this bad, it landed me in net negative territory for thirteen consecutive sessions.

And even when I did achieve my ATH, my hourly rate over the year was still well below expected EV. Now it's a measly $13 an hour - less than the minimum wage in my country. It's just not worth it. For $13 I could be doing something more productive and enjoyable.

I am considering quitting. Either way I am on vacation in the United States starting next week. I am not going to Las Wages - I am going to the fall foliage in New England. It's going to take me a lot to convince me to have a flutter at Foxwoods.

I am so sick of this stupid roller coaster. The graph goes way down, comes up a tiny bit, plateaus for a while when the count is NEGATIVE, and then comes plunging down again. There is no end in sight to what seems like only eternal negative variation and consignment to the extreme left end of the bell shaped curve.

I just can't believe that I even bother.