Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharky's NFL Play-o-the-Weak 2015

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    1-2 last week, 4-3 for the year. Football betting is not fair, KC should have won, I consider myself 2-1 last week! :P Also last week was a strange week, with a lot of dogs winning.

JETS -3 vs Phi - Same reason I like Jets last week. Who knows whats going on in Philly, maybe too many moving parts that haven't gelled yet. This is a solid pick.
    MIA -1.5 vs Buf - Two fairly equal teams, so should be Mia -3 in my mind. Just playing the odds.
    ARI -6.5 vs sf - Arizona is the solidly better team, a shade under -7. My Meh Pick of the Week.
    Last edited by Gamblor; 09-27-2015 at 08:44 AM.
    Timidity is dangerous: Better to enter with boldness. Any mistakes you commit through audacity are easily corrected with more audacity.

The Ravens visit the STEELERS @ Kraft-Heinz (couldnt resist) field tonight for a Thurs night matchup. Pittburgh seeks revenge from last year's non-LeVeon Bell playoff loss, however they face a much bigger loss in Big Ben tonight against an angry team that is more talented then their 0-3 record suggests...Mike Vick, who is 3-12 in his last 15 starts, will be Mike Vick....this fight won't be fair, take Baltimore -2.5 for this week's play.

GOOD LUCK,

Sharky

Last week: 1-0
    Season: 1-2

1-2 last week, 5-5 for the season.

Not many good lines this week.
    Jax +4 vs INDY - Without Luck, Indy is a less talented Jacksonville.
    Timidity is dangerous: Better to enter with boldness. Any mistakes you commit through audacity are easily corrected with more audacity.

1-0 last week, 6-5 for the season.

NYG - 7 vs sf - Giants weakness is a lack of pass rush, which lets teams who are behind get back in the 4th quarter. That is not a concern with SF offense.
    ne -8 vs DAL - NE usually dismantles a flawed team, and Dallas is very flawed right now.
    HOU -4 vs Indy - Again, no Luck.
    stl +9 vs GB - Lot of points, STL tend to come up big in big games (but might be just against their rivals). Also just like the talent on that team.
    Buf -2.5 vs TEN - Buffalo is a talented team, probably got caught by surprise by the Giants.
    ari -2.5 vs DET - Arizona should be fine, an unsurprising loss to STL last week is affecting this line.

I think the surprise team this year might be the Jets. They have had a great D-line, their O-line has been improving season to season and is good enough to give the QB time against most teams. Fitzpatrick looks comfortable at QB. Brandon Marshal is on pass for a career year of over 2,000 yards receiving and Chris Ivory is the only RB in the NFL averaging over 100 yards/game. His per carry average is 5.0 yards per carry. It is early but I have thought for a few years that the Jets were close to having a great team but always had at least one big weakness the other teams could try to exploit. That would be the QB. With a good O-line a some good receivers and a great running game any decent NFL QB will shine. Add in a solid defense and you have a strong team. Now if they could just get Fitz to stop throwing interceptions. LOL

It is early in the year but it looks like this might be the year the Jets field a solid well rounded team. Of course every team needs to stay healthy and key injury(s) can change everything as we have already seen this year. It should prove interesting to see how this team gels this season. Maybe they will even make the playoffs but there is a lot of season left to see what their true form is.

Agreed Tthree, if the Jets had a serviceable game manager QB like Fitz last year, they would have won 3-4 more games.

Plus throw in Revis, Cromartie and Marshall (I actually am a bit surprised how well he's doing).

Also:

OAK +4.5 vs Den - Weird things happen in rivalry games. Plus Den is more a low scoring, good defense type team this year, so Den is not likely to run away with it, got to feel good about that w +4.5 pots.
    Last edited by Gamblor; 10-08-2015 at 05:44 PM.

The Jaguars visit the BUCCANEERS today in the 'passing of the torch' game, or, perhaps just passing the number 1 pick in the draft, take TAMPA BAY -2.5 for this week's play.

GOOD LUCK,

Sharky

Season: 2-2

Jags can be the Florida coach slayers (beat fins, Philbon fired) if they win today's game....Lovie has yet to win at home....seems like he's been there longer than he has, but lose this one...cya!

Retired STEELER offensive coordinator Bruce “the FLY” Arians, oh wait, he never did retire in 2011 as the Steeler’s suggested, rather went on to become a 2-time NFL coach of the year with the Colts and Cards….Steelers offense under Big Ben ran as powerfully and smoothly as Antonio Brown’s $500k STEELER Rolls @10 ypp, yet under the control Vick it’s running more like a KIA @6 ypp, take the Cardinals -3.5 for this week’s play.

GOOD LUCK,

Sharky,

Season: 3-2

2-5 last week, 8-10 for the year. Ugh if you told me I would get 2 easy wins and 5 toss ups, i would usually be happy with that lol. Lot of close games last week.

car +7 vs SEA - Kuechly is back, which is a nice addition for Carolina.
    sd +10 vs GB - Rivers should be able to shoot it out with Rodgers.
    ne -9.5 vs INDY - Kind of a vengeance game for NE, also I'm sure Belicheat can get his players motivated for this game.

Nice picks tough beat on NE/IND but that happens when you lay 9.5 sometimes.

Banned or Suspended

I claim no great expertise when it comes to the NFL,

but my picks on Sun [ATS] finished up 10-2-1

Packers and Bills were my losers.

The FALCONS visit the Tennessee TITANS today who are without their star QB, Mariota, however ATLANTA's 30th ranked pass D is porous....yes, even for Mettenberger...take TENNESSEE +6.5 for this week's play.

Good Luck,

Sharky

Last Week: 0-1
    Season: 3-3

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast