Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Sharky's NFL Play-o-the-Weak 2015

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Panthers versus Arizona....

Now that's an ass kicking.......

Maybe the "sharp" money will figure out they are for real.

Denver has no chance.....

Panthers O-Line is too good and Manning, the legend and Hall of Fam'er that he is, is not now good enough to overcome the Newton effect.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

I like both teams. But I would like to see Manning finally get a ring. I am sure that can inspire the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Manning, the legend and Hall of Fam'er that he is, is not now good enough to overcome the Newton effect.
    Well Manning doesn't have to be. That is up to the Denver defense. They will certainly be tested like they have not been this year and there will be no thin air advantage. QB's like Carolina's Newton and Seattle's Wilson present different issues than most quarterbacks for the defense to prepare for. I would be just as tickled if Carolina won showing all those people that said how they were overrated all year that they really don't understand football as well as they think they do. I am a Ravens fan and they were devastated all year by injury. Seattle and Carolina are my 2 NFC teams that I like as a team. Teams with great defenses are better prepared to win than teams that try to lean on big-O. I also like the unique challenges that the Newton/Wilson type QB's present to opposing defenses. It's too bad RG3 got hurt because he would have been another such QB. For whatever reason he wasn't the same after the injury.

Banned or Suspended

Well-penned article on Cam Newton.

http://www.businessinsider.com/cam-n...e-world-2016-1

Heading to Vegas to watch the game...........any insight on any fun, +EV prop bets?

OK, line has moved from Panthers -4 to Denver +5.5. In my opinion until it gets to be a touchdown, I truly believe Panthers will cover. So a tout here says it's the public betting it that moved it along with ONE smart money person. Who knows?

Any one have suggestions on any of the many, many prop bets they will have?
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and Men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea" --- Robert A. Heinlein

Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

Thanks! Also the GWAE podcast gave his and other suggestions, too. Wonder if they MOVED the lines from their comments? LOL
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and Men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea" --- Robert A. Heinlein

Stone Cold Lock of the Century of the Week

Denver +5.5.

Hey, I've been strong on Carolina for a while, but yeah, that's really too many points.

Anything beyond +/- 3 in this game has to make you raise your eyebrow, don't have to think too hard about this.
    Timidity is dangerous: Better to enter with boldness. Any mistakes you commit through audacity are easily corrected with more audacity.

Banned or Suspended

Looks like Carolina will be +6.

I don't really have much sports betting experience, but just out of curiosity, what did you guys think about the gatorade bets?

Is orange at +215 +EV? Betting on orange seemed to be a good bet according to popular opinion but I wouldn't mind hearing a more nuanced explanation for why this may or may not have been a good bet.

I bet the Broncos use orange gatorade. It matches their team colors but maybe the waterboy doesn't consider that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    I bet the Broncos use orange gatorade. It matches their team colors but maybe the waterboy doesn't consider that.
    Team color that they purposely refused to use for the super bowl game.
    Yeah, that sure is a great bet...

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112