See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter to KJ

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

An Open Letter to KJ

KJ,

You attacked me for what I posted in the thread "A P Protocols."

That thread is closed; and that was very certainly a good move by Ken.

The sad thing is that you have gone so far as to email me with insults.

That caused me to review precisely what it was that I had posted.

I NEVER attacked TBonz as you have accused me.

I made a general statement about "some" AP's to wit:

"There is a sizable sub-population of low-life unethical,

narcissistic, predatory, asocial, antisocial, dumb-ass

scum to be found at BJ tables. It draws them like a ..."

NO individual player was cited.

[Admin edit: Attack removed]
    Last edited by Norm; 09-10-2015 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    KJ,

The sad thing is that you have gone so far as to email me with insults.

That caused me to review precisely what it was that I had posted.

Both of you are good guys. KJ's response to your message (part quoted above) shows he made assumptions about your intent and he, sometimes, seems prone to write when he is still upset. I read your message and did not think you were targeting a respected AP.

however, let these things ride or forgive and forget. I would not want KJ to drop out again.
    Last edited by Norm; 09-10-2015 at 06:12 AM.

Blog Entries

No, it doesn't appear that you were aiming this at anyone here. But, toning down language in general is likely to reduce misunderstandings. And, you did end with a direct personal attack, which I will remove.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Well at least my theory about why KJ has been getting the unhelpful ratings has been shown true. Whether intentional or not after a series of events his posts are being taken as attack posts. Probably another poster this would be no big deal but KJ used to post with more restraint or tact most of the time. KJ, if the unhelpful ratings bother you try to measure your venom like a Copperhead. A Copperhead infant is usually the one that gives a fatal bite. It puts all its venom into a bite but an adult knows it is counterproductive to exhaust venom supplies that are needed to hunt more successfully. I know you have had a disruption to your personal life this year and I am not sure how much that has spilled over into your posts. You may have changed the way some look at you. Just go back to the old KJ and time will restore. Now when you touted your helpful percentage I pointed out that helpful ratings are accurate but unhelpful ratings could be a comment on popularity as much as posts being unhelpful. So I told you to just worry about the number of helpful ratings. If you want a percentage to tout, helpful to total posts is another percentage.

As for me, I voted at least one of your posts helpful in the last few days. I think your issue right now may be with perception as much as content. You apparently posted all this stuff people may take exception to on other sites. I have not read them but am aware of them from various people mentioning them on this site. Just look over your posts twice for offensive content and remember you are trying to sense if it will set off others not if you find it offensive. This thread shows your assessment of your post that had received a few unhelpful ratings was off the mark. At least one person found it offensive enough to start this thread. I know you have been in this situation before on Ken's site. I don't need to mention why. Time healed those wounds for most that got really pissed about what you did. Just stop itching the wound and let it heal by letting things go and just posting helpful and positive posts. If you feel compelled to post something critical guard your words to keep forward progress going.

You obviously want to put things behind you and have a more familiar relationship here. Apparently many of your friends decided to jump ship. I am not sure how that group think went down but if you had something to do with it you are finding out the unintended consequences. You and many others have described this as your home. Family can be tough but I know you have shown you know how to treat family. Hopefully others here will also do the right thing to help smooth things out here for you. Everyone wants KJ back at home, happy and productive. We can all work through this. I think the unhelpful ratings are just feedback for you to weigh as you settle back in. I suggest you take them that way rather than imagine conspiracies. That type of thought is counter-prodctive.

Blog Entries

If someone notices a sudden spike in posts marked unhelpful for no particular reason, I can examine them to see if it is someone being a jerk and mass marking posts. Just don't make such requests unless it is an obvious case as it's a pain to investigate.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

KJ,

Ken closed his forum four and a half years ago. You are in Norm's domain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    Ken closed his forum four and a half years ago. You are in Norm's domain.
    Ahh, ZF has sussed it. Ken and Norm are aliases of one another. We're still trying to determine who's whom.

Banned or Suspended

KJ,

OH PLEASE!

Freightman quoted the Tbonz post in his response post and in the very next post you complimented Freightman and concurred, and then expanded into your attack. Don't play me or anyone else for being stupid Flash.

Norm, it may not have been a 'direct attack', meaning he didn't put the posters name in there, but that's a technicality. The intent was crystal clear. Let's not play 'stupid' here. All of the sudden this site, made up of smart people is going to play stupid.

And BTW Flash, how is saying that I find a post unnecessary and inappropriate attacking you?
    Last edited by KJ; 09-10-2015 at 10:04 AM.

Well well, it seems my little post really got people worked up. Thank you KJ for the kind words and I respect your opinion on the matter of protocol even if it differs than mine. As a matter of fact it doesn't bother me in the least that my opinion is not shared by many if any. I stopped worrying what other people thought while playing blackjack over 20 yrs ago. Nothing about this game really stresses me, least of all what someone thinks about how I play it. I respect peoples opinion, but I have no control how people feel, thats up to the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    Ken closed his forum four and a half years ago.
    Has it been that long? Ugh, I'm getting old.

-Sonny-

Blog Entries

Had exactly the same thought.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Tbonz View Post
    Well well, it seems my little post really got people worked up. Thank you KJ for the kind words and I respect your opinion on the matter of protocol even if it differs than mine. As a matter of fact it doesn't bother me in the least that my opinion is not shared by many if any. I stopped worrying what other people thought while playing blackjack over 20 yrs ago. Nothing about this game really stresses me, least of all what someone thinks about how I play it. I respect peoples opinion, but I have no control how people feel, thats up to the individual.
    I am not surprised you took the high road, Tbonz.

The funny thing is that you are incorrect about your opinion in this matter not being shared by many. It is not shared by many on THIS site. Among high end, higher level professional type players your opinion would be the over-whelming majority and my view, which ironically I share with those here, would be a small minority. Playing blackjack, at higher stakes, professionally IS a business. And in business there is very rarely any room for being nice and sharing your opportunities with the next 'competitor'.

If you expand the concept to other forms of AP, you don't see this idea of not intruding into other AP's games or territories. Just try to move into a +EV machine play situation where a team of players are locking up a set of +EV situation machines. Blood might get spilled.

My view, which is the minority in the overall community of professional AP's, yet ironically shared by those here, is based on my own situation more than anything else. I don't play the high levels that many other professional players do, I am a grinder type with many more opportunities. I can afford to just move along to the next opportunity and that fits more with my personal attitude (upbringing) of being courteous. I don't have to put it into the 'cut throat' realm of higher stakes professional play.

Anyway, my issue wasn't with anyone's opinion. It was with unnecessary rude responses to an opinion, particularly that of a highly successful professional player. One that I would like to see encouraged to participate more, not attacked for his opinion.
    Last edited by KJ; 09-10-2015 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbonz View Post
    Well well, it seems my little post really got people worked up. Thank you KJ for the kind words and I respect your opinion on the matter of protocol even if it differs than mine. As a matter of fact it doesn't bother me in the least that my opinion is not shared by many if any. I stopped worrying what other people thought while playing blackjack over 20 yrs ago. Nothing about this game really stresses me, least of all what someone thinks about how I play it.
    Spoken like a true professional.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast