See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question for Don Schlesinger or anybody who knows the answer

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    From a post by Norm discussing this with Don:
    “What’s better, one hand or two hands at heads-up play?” To know this, we must know how much playing two hands slows the game. Don argues that it is substantially slower. DD’ (once-prolific poster) believes it is not that much slower. If I remember correctly, MathProf had also taken DD’s side in these discussions. Possibly Bigplayer too – he’d have to speak to that
    Well Bigplayer said he plays to hands up to play through the shoe faster so I guess we know he thinks 2 hands are faster than 1 hand over the course of a shoe playing heads up.
    Last edited by Three; 08-29-2015 at 10:02 PM.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I suppose if you are losing your hands and the dealer is just sweeping the money in, then two hands may be faster but if you are winning, she is paying off two hands and picking up more cards each time, it could be a wash.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    I suppose if you are losing your hands and the dealer is just sweeping the money in, then two hands may be faster but if you are winning, she is paying off two hands and picking up more cards each time, it could be a wash.
    2 rounds playing 2 hands equal 3 rounds single hand. Which could you do faster, going to the chip tray twice and paying 2 hands on two different rounds, sweeping the cards 2 rounds, playing your hand twice and dealing 3 hands 2 rounds OR going to chip tray 3 times to pay 3 bets, sweeping the cards 3 rounds, playing your hand 3 times and dealing 2 hands for 3 rounds. I know for me each extra reach for chips adds time, each time I play my hand adds time. I work on efficiency of time usage a lot and if this was posed to me I wouldn't need to think hard to know the fewer repetitions of each action or the more I could perform the same task at once the quicker I could get things done. But this would ultimately depend on the dealer. I am sure most are faster dealing 2 rounds of 3 hands than 3 round of 2 hands but some may not be.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    ZeeBabar:

Obviously, there are various possible outcomes with two hands.

A VERY common one is that one hand wins while the other hand loses.

In some venues (e.g. Las Vegas) the dealer will simply move the chips

from the losing spot (box) to the winning spot (box) or fist-tap the table.

That is ultra fast and results in a nice quickening of the pace of play.
    Last edited by ZenMaster_Flash; 08-30-2015 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    Obviously, there are various possible outcomes with two hands.

A VERY common one is that one hand wins while the other hand loses.

In some venues (e.g. Las Vegas) the dealer will simply move the chips

from the losing spot (box) to the winning spot (box).

That is ultra fast and results in a quickening of the pace of play.
    A lot of the dealers I deal with just tap the felt in a push signal between the two spots and never touch the chips. This saves both of you the time of moving chips. It took a short time to get used to but really speeds up the game. When I get dealers like this it is almost twice as fast playing through a shoe heads playing 2 spots rather than 1 spot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123