Thread: Multiple strategies

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Multiple strategies

Is there any way to use a DD rescue strategy along with an Ace side-count strategy?
    The Cash Cow.

Blog Entries

You can specify a DDR strategy and an ace side count adjustment or side count strategy for betting. But, you can't specify a DDR and an ace side-count playing strategy.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
    Is there any way to use a DD rescue strategy along with an Ace side-count strategy?
    I was trying to figure why you would need this then I remember you use an ace reckoned count with heavy weight on the ace. If you are side counting the ace anyway do a balanced side count of A tag -2 also 2 and 3 tags +1. Remove these cards from the main count. You have choice for playing counts as the index play or the combined count depending on the matchup. For surrender and playing decisions this works great this works great but the truth is that it won't change the DD rescue much. You might get a reverse index for 17vA where you stand at very high counts and rescue the vast majority of the time or surrendering 17vT only at insanely high counts. Rescue index plays aren't used much.

Banned or Suspended

In Span21 I surrender Hard 17 vs. ACE at most common counts (-2 to +2)
    I stand at higher counts where the Ace bust % has risen, and Hit at Lower TC's
    as there is a surplus of 2's, 3's, and 4's and the dealer is unlikely to bust.

I use DDR for Hard 17 against a 7 when there are Surplus Aces.