See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Potpourri - types of heat

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Potpourri - types of heat

As background - Being down to 1 store in my local market certainly has its challenges. June was a difficult month heat wise, as I had immense difficulty in losing. The trend continued in July, winning an additional 6.5 k on 3 outings - a win of approx 21k in 5 weeks. A particular shift manager has taken great interest in my playing style - camped out beside me, clearly interested in my play. Stores in my neck of the woods, don't like to backoff for counting, though they will. They generally prefer some other type of transgression. Now that I think about it, the only (semi) rude backoff I've had occurred at 1 store over my complaints of rude and poor service at the buffet. However, I digress - a couple of sessions ago, said critter walked up to me at the cage window and photographed my cash out - he probably thought I was rat holing, which I was definitely not (that day) being under somewhat intense scrutiny. Last session there, critter called out from the pit desk - what's his color up, as he entered the numbers into his smart phone calculator. To ease things, I'm on a short out of town trip, mixing a bit of business with pleasure.

Delicate subtleties - interested in the not so typical types of heat. Forget about the phones going the eits, or the critter scowl. I miss the friendly days of - hey Freightman, why don't you come back tomorrow and take some more - type of banter, etc., etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    As background - Being down to 1 store in my local market certainly has its challenges. June was a difficult month heat wise, as I had immense difficulty in losing. The trend continued in July, winning an additional 6.5 k on 3 outings - a win of approx 21k in 5 weeks. A particular shift manager has taken great interest in my playing style - camped out beside me, clearly interested in my play. Stores in my neck of the woods, don't like to backoff for counting, though they will. They generally prefer some other type of transgression. Now that I think about it, the only (semi) rude backoff I've had occurred at 1 store over my complaints of rude and poor service at the buffet. However, I digress - a couple of sessions ago, said critter walked up to me at the cage window and photographed my cash out - he probably thought I was rat holing, which I was definitely not (that day) being under somewhat intense scrutiny. Last session there, critter called out from the pit desk - what's his color up, as he entered the numbers into his smart phone calculator. To ease things, I'm on a short out of town trip, mixing a bit of business with pleasure.

Delicate subtleties - interested in the not so typical types of heat. Forget about the phones going the eits, or the critter scowl. I miss the friendly days of - hey Freightman, why don't you come back tomorrow and take some more - type of banter, etc., etc.
    They are giving good reason to quit blackjack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    No shit

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Interestingly enough, I played a few stores yesterday in a different city. One of the stores was part of the same chain previously described. I overheard a comment from some higher up to a pit critter - Call surveillance - I heard the comment, though softly spoken, quite clearly. I tend to think it was not about me, though you just don't know. If it was, I added fuel to the fire by continuation of the previously described streak.

...said critter walked up to me at the cage window and photographed my cash out...
    literally?...if so, WOW....never saw a pc w/ a camera

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    literally?...if so, WOW....never saw a pc w/ a camera
    Smartphone, and he's on it all of the time

I've only had two back-offs one of which was fairly polite (the usual "your play is too good for us" "you will no longer be rated" etc)
    the other of which was borderline stalkerish and unusual. the pit had pictures of me and i could clearly see they were looking at a picture of me. I proceeded to leave the tables and sit on a slot machine to use the free play they sent me . the entire time one of the pit bosses was standing about 20 feet from me on his phone. i noticed too and started walking around and he eventually followed me to the parking lot while on his phone (probably trying to get a look at my car but i was in a friend's)

Smartphone, and he's on it all of the time
    that's funny...the cages, of course, have the best cameras and obviously a PERFECT view of chips at window (let alone rfid reader)..so this makes no sense to me...not questioning you, just sayin...pretty funny...inch eye private pc....and imo, at your levels of action, WHY ON EARTH PLAY RATED?????....even at a home store

FM, no one on here really understands the market you're in. You're in a unique situation really. You're prob solid until pit moves the cut on you- and they will. Until then, fire away- I'd recommend you a source to get inside info on your market but I don't know if you know him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    that's funny...the cages, of course, have the best cameras and obviously a PERFECT view of chips at window (let alone rfid reader)..so this makes no sense to me...not questioning you, just sayin...pretty funny...inch eye private pc....and imo, at your levels of action, WHY ON EARTH PLAY RATED?????....even at a home store
    Who said anything about being rated - though everyone knows who I am. As to why I had my own personal photographer - who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Masterhoudini View Post
    FM, no one on here really understands the market you're in. You're in a unique situation really. You're prob solid until pit moves the cut on you- and they will. Until then, fire away- I'd recommend you a source to get inside info on your market but I don't know if you know him.
    The decision will be made in due course - it would be easy for them if I chewed out a dealer of 2 - if I don't, and the store winning streak continues, they will make that decision. As to the inside source, I'm of course presuming that you know someone in my market vs yours. Text me - might know the individual - might not.,

Also, are you completely toast in your market - if not, may have something for you.

Who said anything about being rated - though everyone knows who I am. As to why I had my own personal photographer - who knows?
    ah, my bad...assumed 'buffet' meant free...not sure why anyone would go to a buffet, unless it was free, but that's just me...esp w/ 20k in my pocket

Banned or Suspended

Sharky,

I am a gourmet cook, and while most buffets present pretty poor dining,

There are several that I have experienced that are really extremely fine !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast