Thread: Today was getting paid without a hand

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Today was getting paid without a hand

I mean I've had some shares of dealers who pay on pushes, forgot to give me my double down card and continue on with their hand to bust (i anchor) and I win my BIG double down (which would've lost otherwise). but today for the first time, for less amounts of money, but still in the strangest ways. dealer had 3-3-4,A and he said 12. Table got pushed as he kept drawing cards. But the craziest was yet to come, after I bust out my hand of $50, I casually put out another $50 before he finished dealing the round because the count remained the same. Then he started paying me, the lady to my immediate right was about to call it out, and I was like this ***** better not say anything (i know some people do and just dont realize how much of an ass move that is, seen it!) Anyways after that, I was was in full gear to take adv of this dealer. Kept putting out bets even after I loss and he paid me one more time after that - keep in mind - i have NO CARDS when he's paying me! its just an empty circle!

downside: he dealt so slow. like so slow. but I'm sure the EV gained from him just paying me when I bust covers any other game you could play? im assuming this since its just direct money into my pockets..

sidenote: my partner counts sidebet game lucky lucky and 6-7-8 and 7-7-7 hearts suited got hit in the same table on people who didnt bet. but me and my partner bet $50 each with a 50/50 split (for variance). would've been nice having like 230:1

I've seen dealers do that before, on a few occasions. I'm sure it's happened plenty of times without me noticing [on other people's hands, at least].

My most recent error, dealer had a nice 5 card 17 treating it as a 16, drew a card and "busted". Good thing I had 2 max bets out on 2 hands. Unfortunately the session was a pretty big loser. Would have been much worse of a session without that error, though.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

I had this happen several times...dealers are trained to 'pay the cards', but, obviously, some 'pay the $$$'

This sort of happened to me once. I got a blackjack, dealer pays me then takes my cards, plays out the other hands and his own, which he busts. Then procedes to pay everyone, including me again. I figured it was too obvious a mistake so I spoke up and let him take it back.

Banned or Suspended

When I return a dealer error, I always sing out words to the effect:

"I don't take what ain't mine." "Good karma leads to good hands."

This relaxes the Pit Critters and makes them less vigilant as well.