Thread: using the count to your advantage

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

using the count to your advantage

I have a basic question. can/ should you use a high negative/positive count in deciding to hit or not? I understand waiting for the table to ripe for the pic ins but until or even when that time shows up do you change your play? and if so are there any strategy cards for this?

Blog Entries

Yes, yes. You really need to read a book on card counting.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

As Norm says, you do need to study. Depending on which count you use, there are tables or indices that tell you when you should change your decision from basic strategy. These tables tell you when to hit and when not to hit, when to double or split when the count goes north or south.

earlier, when I was much newer to all this, I just tried going by common sense. Later, I learnt Don's "illustrius 18" (you can google that for a chart) for help.

Real help see free book in the tool bar above. Click on "BJ resources" in the tool bar. Then click on "free book" in the next tool bar. Then start reading.

Op seems a little lazy. At the very least he needs to read the wizard of Odds introduction to card counting

Agree Norm, which is always a good idea when it comes to your advice. Long time no see. I'm back, decent BR and could maybe get a threesome going under the right weather. FYI. Pending my re-educating my game.
    “The essence of independence has been to think and act according to standards from within, not without.”
    Aleister Crowley