Thread: Sf21

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Sf21

I'm trying to run some sims of SF21, and I'm having some trouble. I keep getting house advantages at 0 TC of around 2.5%, while the correct number is 1.16% according to the Wizard. I'm also getting very incorrect changes in TC (like 1.5-2% per TC, which is way off).

Here is the Wizard's rule summary:

1. The game is with one, two, or six decks.
    2. Dealer usually hits a soft 17.
    3. Player may double after a split.
    4. Player may resplit to up to four hands, including aces.
    5. Player may hit and double down to split aces.
    6. Player may double on any number of cards.
    7. Player may take late surrender on any number of cards.
    8. Player may surrender half of total bet after doubling, what is called "Double Down Rescue" in Spanish 21.
    9. A player hand totaling 20 or less, consisting of six cards or more, except after doubling, automatically wins.
    10. A player hand of 21 points, consisting of 5 cards or more, except after doubling, pays 2 to 1 instantly.
    11. A player blackjack always wins
    12. A player blackjack in diamonds pays 2 to 1, all other blackjacks pay even money.

I'm trying to sim the 1 deck game. I've made the following adjustments:

1. Resplit Aces
    2. Multiple draws after Ace split
    3. Dealer peaks on 10 and Ace
    4. Late Surrender
    5. Double Down Rescue
    6. DOA hard and soft
    7. DAS
    8. Max cards to double: 8
    9. BJ pays 10:10
    10. BJ Spades pays 10:10 (this should add to the 10:10 base and produce 2:1 for BJs in diamonds, correct?)
    11. Tied BJ wins
    12. Custom Bonus 1: 5 card 21= variable 2.0 (pays 2 to 1). Bonus enabled
    13. Custom Bonus 2: 6 cards unbusted= automatic win. Bonus enabled.
    14. Basic strategy modified very slightly for the SF 21 rules (but not using multi-card play differences. I didn't think this would be very material, so I didn't bother trying to create multicard strategies. Would this be more than the 2 tenths of a percent or so I was estimating? I wanted to avoid the hour it would take to create separate tables, and the headache of debugging it when I enter something wrong, and just get ballpark numbers)
    15. Counting strategy, Hi Lo.
    16. Betting strategy appears to ramp up when I want it to.
    17. 1/4 deck estimation playing and betting decisions

Any ideas, or does anyone have a pre-programmed sim for this that works properly?
    The Cash Cow.

Quote Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
    10. BJ Spades pays 10:10 (this should add to the 10:10 base and produce 2:1 for BJs in diamonds, correct?)
    Typo or mistake. Don't you mean Diamonds not Spades?

I don't see the double on any number of cards in there. I guess max cards to double implies it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
    14. Basic strategy modified very slightly for the SF 21 rules (but not using multi-card play differences. I didn't think this would be very material, so I didn't bother trying to create multicard strategies. Would this be more than the 2 tenths of a percent or so I was estimating? I wanted to avoid the hour it would take to create separate tables, and the headache of debugging it when I enter something wrong, and just get ballpark numbers)
    Multi-card strategy is important especially in soft hands. You will double far less with soft hands especially with more than 2 cards. Part of what a count is geared to flag is the bonus payout probability. You bet more when the bonus likelihood goes up. No BJ bonus except for diamonds. Bonuses for lots of cards making a hand or a 21. You might want to reconsider to an ace neutral count to allow for flagging better multi-card bonus situations. I am not sure what the affect on edge the bonuses have. I think in SP21 the 5 card multi-card 3:2 bonus makes up most of you bonus gains for the game including BJ. Of course no tens in that deck.

Tthree, thanks for the response.

1. I used the BJ spades because it is included in the software, and mathematically the same as diamonds.

2. I was talking about SF21, not Spanish. So, it's a full deck, and even money on BJs.

3. So, you think that not programming Basic Strategy to play all of the multi-card hands correctly would add up to a 1%+ change?

4. Any ideas for why the change in EV per TC is off so far? It's moving like 1-2% per TC, instead of around .5% as others have simmed.
    The Cash Cow.

Blog Entries

Did you set the Double Down Rescue strategy on the Playing Strategies screen? You will find one in the Wizards folder.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Did you set the Double Down Rescue strategy on the Playing Strategies screen? You will find one in the Wizards folder.
    Thanks Norm,

I did not. I'll try it again with this enabled, but I suspect it isn't worth much. I think I'm missing something big.
    The Cash Cow.

I ran it again, and I'm still getting numbers that are way off.
    The Cash Cow.

Blog Entries

I tried with and without the DDR strategy. It makes a dramatic difference. It must be set as the second strategy on the Playing Strategies screen. Also, you cannot use a counting strategy as the main strategy if you want to compare results to Shack's site.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Tthree, I was looking at the Wizard:

http://wizardofodds.com/games/blackj...le-variations/
    The Cash Cow.

I assume you also looked at :
    http://wizardofodds.com/games/super-fun-21/

The strategy changes a lot with the number of cards in your hand. Not just the doubles but also hit/stand and surrender.

Ok, entered in all of the multi-card strategy departures, and double down rescue. And I'm still getting really weird results. Over 2% HA off the top, then 1.5% change per TC. But I have negative SCOREs, even with a 1-50 spread. I must be doing something horribly wrong, but I've checked everything, started over and checked it again, and I'm still way off.
    The Cash Cow.

Blog Entries

Tools-Export. Create an export and email it.

I figured it out. I was using quarter decks remaining as the TC divisor, so the magnitude of each TC was 4 times what I expected. I meant to be using quarter deck resolution, not quarter decks as divisor. Problem resolved.
    The Cash Cow.