See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: First Team Effort

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by RollingStoned View Post
    For everyone hounding OP about "weaseling money out of his 'friends'", re-read this:
    Haha come on rollingstoned be fair.
    Read the original post... the commision... that came after.

And I dont think nobody is hounding him.
    This is an internet forum.
    If you post a story you should know people are going to comment on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudstreets7087 View Post
    My profit: $1800.00 + $1000.00 commission from 2 players ($500.00 ea.) Total profit = $2800.00
    Player 1 Profit: $12,000.00 - $500.00 commission = $11,500.00
    Player 2 Profit: $10,200.00 - $500.00 commission = $9,700.00
    You showed them counting works. They spread 100-1000 you spread 100-800. They both won 5 figures each and you won $1800. If one won $5K on your max bets they would pay you $500. That means they were 5 max bets (5K) up on your max bet rounds and you were 2.25 max bets up total. Yeah, you showed them how good card counting works. I am sure they thought that lesson was worth $500 each. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    You showed them counting works. They spread 100-1000 you spread 100-800. They both won 5 figures each and you won $1800. If one won $5K on your max bets they would pay you $500. That means they were 5 max bets (5K) up on your max bet rounds and you were 2.25 max bets up total. Yeah, you showed them how good card counting works. I am sure they thought that lesson was worth $500 each. LOL
    For some reason it's just so difficult to get this point across. They aren't interested in cared counting. They don't care. They weren't looking for lessons. They were wagering on whether or not it would have any effect at all. They had to wait 3 shoes for it, but they got to see the dealer bust 4 times in a row with their $1000 bets. My one buddy had aces to split on one of the hands and my other buddy had two double down oppotunities. Did counting make them win? Statistics say it certainly helped but it could definitely go the other way. That's all it was. I for one needed those four wins because I was down. They only gave me the purple chips because they said they would. They still don't really put much value into counting.

High rollers make proposition bets with one another all the time over just about anything. That's all that was going on here.

Blog Entries

Had to clean up this thread a bit. Please keep it polite and realize that circumstances differ.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

It depends on what risk of ruin you're comfortable with really. 32k is really low for $50 tables, I sure as hell wouldn't be popping $800 as my top bet for that. You could lose that in one session- trust me, I've done it, several times playing those stakes. When I was playing those stakes, I lost 18k in one shoe betting 2x$500 max!! Be prepared when it rains, it pours! The encouraging part is, it can be done. If you wanna play $50 min with that bank, Wong out aggressively, resize your top bet and if you're comfortable with a higher risk of ruin (prob like 30% still at least), then go for it. Many will tell you to practice fully Kelly, half Kelly, quarter or whatever, but the fact is, many of us never made money with the fear of busting out. You might very well bust out, and that sucks. But there's still a solid chance you could make it too. Again, I stress the notion of playing within your comfort levels and a risk of ruin YOU feel is acceptable.

Blog Entries

Thread closed
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by bjarg View Post
    Jesus...
    The fact that your handle is so similar to the one associated to one of the best bj players in the world bothers me greatly.
    I hope people dont mistake you for him.

You must not have a single friend in your life (shocker) to say something as stupid as that.
    I also find it very funny that you think there is something to learn from this story and that at the same time you think of yourself as some sort of master of cover.
    Give me a break.

And do us all a favor and ask norm to change your handle.
    That one is already taken by a real player.
    ok...i will break down the lesson of this story for you...and make it very simple and sweet:

player one is the OP...enters HL table and buys in w/ 2 "friends"

player twe goes to HL room, buy in for said $2000 and spreads to $800 bet

now you tell me....who do you thick raises more suspicion and potential longevity

...of course, you will lie and say "I am inexperienced and the eye doesn't care"...so please don't try it....it's laughable

and the handle REMAINS!!!

GOOD LUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by bjarg View Post
    Im sorry, I stand corrected.
    your welcome...smartest thing you said in a long time

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567