See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is playable house edge?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Beatable and playable are 2 very very different animals.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    A game isn't good because:

- It has a low HE
    - It has deep penetration
    - It has no heat
    - It has 400 rounds per hour
    - You can get a huge spread
    - You can do higher edge stuff (ie: not counting)
    - Or any other reason [alone].

A game is good due to a combination of these factors. It matters what edge you as a player can get, does not matter what the base house edge.

Find me a game with all the worst rules possible, but if you let me see the dealer's hole card or the next card....I'm going to play. Find me a game with a 0.1% HE, dealt to 95%, a million hands an hour....but if I can't do any index plays and I can't jump my bet at all....I ain't playing.

If you play VP.....find me a game with a 5% HE but gives me 15% of my action back in FP [mail offers], I'm probably gonna be playing it. If you find me a 0.005% HE game, no slot points, no mail, no comps.....I don't care, I ain't playing! Yes I will play a 5% house edge VP game, but I don't care about the dang HE....I care about MY edge [which would be 10% in that case]. I wouldn't play a 0.005% house edge VP game if there's no incentive to play.

It's not the house edge that matters....it's YOUR EDGE that matters.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Quote Originally Posted by RollingStoned View Post
    If you play VP.....find me a game with a 5% HE but gives me 15% of my action back in FP [mail offers], I'm probably gonna be playing it. If you find me a 0.005% HE game, no slot points, no mail, no comps.....I don't care, I ain't playing! Yes I will play a 5% house edge VP game, but I don't care about the dang HE....I care about MY edge [which would be 10% in that case].
    Think again.

You play $10000 through the VP machine. You lose 500 but get 1500 in FP. You play the the 1500 through and cash out 1425. You have won $925 playing through $10,000 cash. That is an edge of 9.25% not 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Think again.

You play $10000 through the VP machine. You lose 500 but get 1500 in FP. You play the the 1500 through and cash out 1425. You have won $925 playing through $10,000 cash. That is an edge of 9.25% not 10%.
    You're right, my apologies.

Or perhaps it's $925 / $11,500 = 8.043..%.

Either way, doesn't really matter. That's not the purpose of my post.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Banned or Suspended

It is time to re-visit SCORE ("Standardized Comparison of Risk Evaluation")

An incomparably excellent tool for game evaluation.

Don Schlesinger ought to review his breakthrough concept for the newbies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12