See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: added help

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

added help

I just typed a post and it didn't save, so now i am redoing it. Hate when that happens.
    I am brand new to BJ. I sat down at my first table and placed my first bet in March. Since then, I haven't played, but have been learning the Hi Opt 2 and was blessed to have found someone willing to mentor me.
    I am looking for any additional help simply because sometimes what works for one may not for another. My best analogy is this, I build house for a living and when showing the home owner the blue print, I know they have no clue what they are looking at. They can see the walls and outline of the home but do not understand the symbols and what they mean. It is the same with me. I look at the charts and don't understand right away because i have never before seen any of this information. I know that I am taking on one of the hardest systems available but feel that once i get an understanding of what i am looking at i will have no issues mastering it.
    I spend 8 to 10 hours a day counting down a deck, running basic strategy drills, etc. but when it come to moving on to other stuff it gets a little confusing and just want to make sure i am not FALSE training myself so i stop, and just go back to counting and such.
    Here is what I want to make sure I am understanding. Side count Aces and hoe to adjust true count. Can anyone explain this to me?
    Also, when trying to learn the proper indices, i think i get somewhat overwhelmed because of how it is presented and have never looked at it before. so fora game with 6 decks, H17, DAS, and so on, how should I be training? Any drills i can do? anyone have any insight to what they did? Maybe having a few other people explain it i will get it. My mentor is great and has answered any question I have asked. Even questions that I don't need to be focused on yet. But sometime, learning through emails is hard to make sense of what is being said simply because you cant hear tone of voice and so on.
    I would be happy to share my email with anyone willing to add to my learning. My loyalties are to my mentor, but I believe if you want to be something you have to surround yourself with like people. I will stop at nothing to learn this, it has become a passion.
    There are a couple of people on this forum who's opinion i would value and trust. I have heard AMAZING things about their abilities and although I don't know them yet I am a huge fan. Out of respect I don't want to name names and ask directly.
    My email is [email protected] and would give my phone number if explaining over the phone would be easier. Whatever it takes. I also want to add, secrecy and privacy are a virtue to me and would hold yours in the like. No one else would have access to anyone's information without permission.
    I look foreword to any help. Thanks
    YOPP

When composing your post it is autosaved every 30 seconds. Lower left hand corner of the reply box will all you to restore the last content in the window for a thread if it was never posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Yopp-Secret 572 View Post
    I have been learning the Hi Opt 2 and was blessed to have found someone willing to mentor me.
    Hhmmm... I wonder who your mentor is.
    Is he a poster here?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Yes Tthree I noticed that when I was typing my second post. Lesson learned. Thank you.
    And yes bjarg, that obvious huh, he actually just emailed me and it turned out I misunderstood what was being said because of something else I had read I was confusing the two. The the induce problem solved. I'm well on my way to making Blackjack history!!! No? To much? Ok I'm on my way to winning kitchen table games, but we have to start somewhere right? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yopp-Secret 572 View Post
    And yes bjarg, that obvious huh, he actually just emailed me and it turned out I misunderstood what was being said because of something else I had read I was confusing the two. The the induce problem solved.
    ?????

I think he means the indices problem. And you shouldn't need to have someone point out who on this board likes Hiopt2 and mentors would be counters.

I know who his mentor is.
    I even helped quite a few players that were mentored by him to find their way out of the maze they were lured into.
    I respect him, but I cant think of a worst person to mentor a new player.
    Last edited by bjarg; 06-29-2015 at 05:48 PM.

I'll just say it before anyone else does. Hi Opt II is a very advanced system, and may be too complicated for the games most people are playing today. Very few serious pros would advocate it for a shoe game, and for pitch games it is debatable whether that level of sophistication helps or hurts.

But Tthree's opinion is his opinion, and Hi Opt II will definitely get the money. Just realize that, even among professional players, it's considered overly complicated, and probably harmful because of mistakes and fatigue.
    The Cash Cow.

Here is why I tend to disagree with Tthree (for most situations, but not all). The gains of advanced systems are minimal for most games:

https://blackjackincolor.com/penetration7.htm
    The Cash Cow.

I also started with one of the hardest systems available with an ace side count -- Omega II. I personally don't feel it's much tougher than HiLo, but an ace reckoned level one count would be appropriate to start out with playing 6-deck shoes. Since you're practicing correctly adjusting the running count for aces should eventually click. An ace side count can turn neutral & negative running counts into big bets with extra aces.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
    I'll just say it before anyone else does. Hi Opt II is a very advanced system, and may be too complicated for the games most people are playing today. Very few serious pros would advocate it for a shoe game, and for pitch games it is debatable whether that level of sophistication helps or hurts.

But Tthree's opinion is his opinion, and Hi Opt II will definitely get the money. Just realize that, even among professional players, it's considered overly complicated, and probably harmful because of mistakes and fatigue.
    Oh boy! This should be interesting. I agree completely BTW (in case anyone has been under a rock for last x amount of years and didn't know).

hey , yopp-secret , do you speak spanish ? if you need anything explained in Spanish I can do that for ya .. ill try to send an email out tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    *Although with recent attempts to get people to understand something that is so clear to me and seeing only a small, very small percentage understand what I am talking about makes me wonder if today most people just don't have what it takes.
    I've noticed , many of the younger generation will have resistance to a new-mental task if there is no app that will accomplish it....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast