See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Riddle me this: Playing behind.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    [QUOTE=Freightman;162533]Fundamental thought
    $25 rental for use of your spot at 1% advantage requires the "lessee" to place a minimum wager of $2500 in order to break even. Not very appetizing, and very bad for public relations.[/QUOTE

Further thought to Zees $25 rental post

What you're a lot better off doing is building rapport with your table mates. Good scavenging is an art form. I can't count the number of times (with people I trust) of table mates actually encouraging me to participate on their doubles etc. I don't need much encouraging on the other side, some table mates are a literal pain in the ass, and the less interaction with them - the better.

Keep your table mates happy. THE PIT LOVES A HAPPY TABLE

If I was at the same table with you, and you pulled that $25 rental stunt, you would never ever in any future interaction, get any consideration from me whatsoever.
    Last edited by Freightman; 06-12-2015 at 09:03 AM.

In fact, I can't help it by making a 3rd reply to Zees $25 rental post.

Playing one day with a douche bag asshole sitting between me and the nice guy Ploppy, nice guy ploppy asked me if I minded waiting while he went to the ATM to withdraw money to complete his $400 double. Instead, I flipped 2 blacks over to him so he could complete. There were several doubles thereafter which he invited me to participate - and we won almost all of them. Meanwhile, the douchebag was getting hammered and down to $25, asking me to lend him $25 to double. He was good for it - but he was a douchebag. I had made the decision well before the day in question, that he would not get $.05 from me. I told him no. Regardless of the fact that the pit loves a happy table, the pit also viewed this guy as douchbag.

It's pretty tough getting rid of that label, once it's been given to you. Zee, I'm not after you - just trying to make you aware of future consequences of dumb actions.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    In fact, I can't help it by making a 3rd reply to Zees $25 rental post.

Playing one day with a douche bag asshole sitting between me and the nice guy Ploppy, nice guy ploppy asked me if I minded waiting while he went to the ATM to withdraw money to complete his $400 double. Instead, I flipped 2 blacks over to him so he could complete. There were several doubles thereafter which he invited me to participate - and we won almost all of them. Meanwhile, the douchebag was getting hammered and down to $25, asking me to lend him $25 to double. He was good for it - but he was a douchebag. I had made the decision well before the day in question, that he would not get $.05 from me. I told him no. Regardless of the fact that the pit loves a happy table, the pit also viewed this guy as douchba

It's pretty tough getting rid of that label, once it's been given to you. Zee, I'm not after you - just trying to make you aware of future consequences of dumb actions.
    Thanks, Freightman. Yes, I got (and still get) slammed often but I have a thick skin. Basically, I go to play, return home, sit next to my wife with an Ipad in my hand, make notes of my playing session and review the plays I made or failed to make and sometimes, I just post something I did (double down for less, not splitting 9's against an 8 etc.). I belong to a lot of other forums but in this AP community, particularly on the other forum, the great AP's want the forum to be treated as their private chat room or like a graduate class. Newbies and lesser pros are expected to quietly read, not post questions that are beneath their level and just worship them. In most other forums, if you do not like a post or a poster, you just delete and move to the next thread but on the other forum in particular (and some of the same folks get on this forum), these great AP's do not have the discipline to move on, they have to post something negative about a poster or speculate whether the poster is a troll or whatever.

To be honest, even among the nasty slams I receive, there are lessons I learned from these forums.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    lol I'm actually impressed if this rental thing worked. Hell I'd be renting out my 2 spots all the time if I could get $25 each time at high counts! That's WAY above EV

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Sometimes I am amazed at what people think they can get away with without an A-kicking or worse. This country is turning into a bunch of pansies. When I was a kid the residents kept the criminals off the street. They didn't need the cops. Today they allow the criminals to run wild and are afraid to work with the cops. I remember a couple guys tried to peddle drugs on a street corner. They were warned to stop or something bad would happen to them. They didn't. A couple days later a car pulled up and rolled the window down like they were going to buy drugs. A large man's hands reached out and seized on of the guys. The car then sped off but the guy kept fighting to get free. He broke the big guys grip and accidentally hit the side of a building at about 30 MPH. A passer by told the other guy they won't be as nice next time. The guy that wasn't in the hospital never returned. People used to take pride in the safety of their neighborhood and each neighborhood had its vigil that took care of the criminal activity without needing the police. I never assume I can treat people with criminal intent or disrespectfully without having consequences looming in my future.

I had a peace loving friend that had a thug keep messing with his property. He found out who it was and it was all I could do to keep him from terminating the threat. Fortunately for the thug he ended up in jail before my friend finished what the other guy started permanently. I have never seen the guy hurt anyone except when someone tried to mug him or threaten a friend of his. He always took care of business in one blow in those situations. Often some of the most tolerant people are that way because they don't know any other way to have a confrontation that doesn't end the other guy quick. Crippling others or worse is not something most like to do but what are you supposed to do when in a confrontation? You don't fight half assed, you either avoid the confrontation and look like a tolerant person or you just end it quick.
    I wish all neighborhood watch programs were like this rather than a 90 year old virtually blind lady with Binoculars! Your right... it sure would cut down crime and I think the Police would "back" the community realizing that they would have far fewer calls if that were their beat. Fewer calls, less crime, more police available for other areas. The only victim would be the criminals. But that is where the one problem comes.... there are many that would take the criminals side stating they were the "victim." Your right though TThree too many wimps and weak willed people in this country now.

Banned or Suspended

I am fortunate in that I reside in the community that [most recent years] has ranked as the Lowest Crime Rate
    in the U S A for Communities between 50,000 and 100,000 persons. I have lived here for 9 years and I am still
    waiting for the day a reportable crime of any consequence occurs. I do not lock my house or car doors.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234