Thread: They are beatable these side bets with card counting?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

They are beatable these side bets with card counting?

Vary grateful to whoever has information from two side bets that are (copy the text of http://wizardofodds.com/games/blackjack/appendix/8/)

Hi/Low — Version 1

This is a simple pair of side bets I noticed at the Casablanca inMesquite, Nevada. The player simply bets if his first card will be higher orlower than the dealer's up card. In the event the two cards are the same rank,except aces, the tie shall go to the dealer. Two aces push. The game I saw iton was 6-decks but here is the house edge for all numbers of decks.
    Hi/Low
    Decks
    House Edge
    1 5.43%
    2 6.27%
    3 6.55%
    4 6.69%
    5 6.77%
    6 6.83%
    7 6.87%
    8 6.90%

Hit and Run
    The Hit and Run is a progressive side bet I first noticed at theSuncoast in Las Vegas on November 3, 2011. It is a $1 bet that pays if thedealer gets a blackjack or at least five cards. For purposes of the totaldealer cards, all cards count, including a bust card, if there was one.
    To analyze this bet I first looked at theprobability of each possible event, by the number of decks.

Payments in the table of hit and run are:

4 to 1 dealer blackjack
    6 to 1 five dealer total cards
    15 to 1 six dealer total cards
    50 to 1 seven dealer total cards
    1000 to 1 eight dealer total cards

Maximum payment of $ 1,000 bet
    6 deck, S17

I bought the latest book by Eliot Jacobson and do not appear these side bets.
    I have not seen information on the web. Thank you very much.

Banned or Suspended

"I bought the latest book by Eliot Jacobson and do not appear these side bets."

What book?

As far as I know these are the only two books penned by E. Jacobson:

http://search.half.ebay.com/Eliot-Ja...l2686QQmZbooks

Look on amazon.com for Advanced Advantage Play. It's all the stuff that was on his web site that he took down a few months ago. You can find the same info online using the wayback machine.

I believe he just released a book a month or two ago, called Advanced Advantage Play:

Can be found on apheat (a link to amazon) or searching on Amazon. Don't want to include link [so as to promote his book].
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    "I bought the latest book by Eliot Jacobson and do not appear these side bets."

What book?

As far as I know these are the only two books penned by E. Jacobson:

http://search.half.ebay.com/Eliot-Ja...l2686QQmZbooks
    Interested in your feedback regarding Elliot Jacobson's book.