I just wanted to update everyone here with how things are going.

I recovered from my losing streak reaching a new all-time high, but soon hit another bad losing streak, and have now lost four successive sessions, the first time I have done so this entire year.

The last two sessions have been bad. On the weekend, I was playing with one other person on the table. As the count improved drastically, naturally I increased my bets. This player, whom it was obvious had no idea how to play (he was standing on a 13 against a dealer X), accused me of card counting and told the dealer. The dealer, a sour faced woman in her early thirties, replied nonchalantly, "it won't help him anyway." The count remained high for the rest of the shoe (+4 to +6) and I promptly lost $700 without ever being ahead.

I encountered no heat today in my latest session, but in the three shoes where the count reached +4 or higher, I did not win a SINGLE hand. I just kept getting dealt 15's and 16's non stop.

I am now only $4700 ahead for the year whereas I was $8250 up at my last ATH. Somehow I don't feel as despondent as my last losing streak (my nadir was $2100 in front) because every session played is just more EV. But I do seem to be great at experiencing negative variation. Why do I ALWAYS have to be at the extreme left of the Gaussian curve at everything I do? I just want to kick the world up its fish ass.