See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: CVCX Online, units or dollars?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVCX Online, units or dollars?

I've been using CVCX today since I just realized that I just gained access to it.

I am a bit confused about whether the SD is listed as in units or dollar amounts. I have a feeling that it's in units. Could someone confirm?

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Units.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Although this a completely separate question, I don't want to make a bunch of CVCX Online question threads so I'll post it here.

It puzzled me at first that changing your hands per hour affects N0. Is this based on the assumption that if you are playing less hands an hour then there is likely more people at the table and thus have shorter rides during the high counts?

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Hands/hour does not affect N0.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Ok, that's what I was thinking. Then why does it appear to change the number on CVCX Online?

With all other inputs the same I set hands per hour to 1 and CVCX Online spits of a N0 of 2114297. However when I set hands per hour to 30,000 it comes out as 69.
    Last edited by NotEnoughHeat; 04-08-2015 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Added results

Blog Entries

Good question. It doesn't in CVCX. I'm going to have a hell of a time finding the code for CVCXOnline.

Haha, imagine if you could only get your dealer to deal you 30,000 hands an hour, you would reach N0 in 8.28 seconds ! Please create this magically world which CVCX Online speaks of!

On the good news, the N0 for 100 hands/hour appears to be correct. It is consistent with the rest of the results. (N0/100)*$/hr gives you the same number within a dollar of [N0^(1/2)]*SD*Unit
    Last edited by NotEnoughHeat; 04-08-2015 at 04:14 PM. Reason: brackets for clarity

It seems to be pretty accurate at 100 rounds per hour. But it is somehow dividing by the number of rounds per hour in figuring N0. 100 rounds/hour has 10 times the n0 as 1000 rounds/hour and half the n0 of 50 hands/hour etc.