See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ROR is CVDATA

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

ROR is CVDATA

I did a bunch of simulations tonight and I wanted to mess around with different bankroll amounts and see my ROR with no time constraints or goals. When I load a player data the win rate per 100 hands and std dev. per 100 hands automatically populate into the calculator, but the std. dev. per 100 hands doesn't match the number that the simulation summary gives. I was wondering if the load is giving the correct numbers and it shouldn't match the summary of the simulation or if it is populating the ROR calculator incorrectly?

Thanks

Blog Entries

Depends. For example, if you don't have 100 hands per hour set, it will need to adjust. There are other differences that it will adjust for to make certain the calculators have numbers that fit the forumlae. Also, the calculators use std. dev. in units, not dollars. I'd need to know the exact circumstances.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Okay I will try to give you more information. I simulated wonging at +2, I set 100 hands per hour. In the summary tab it has the STD Dev per 100 hands at 130.3 and in the ROR calculator when I load the data, it has the win rate per 100 hands as 1.5487 and the std dev per 100 hands at 38.5633. In the summary the win rate in $ per hour is 441.97 if that is helpful at all. If you say that I should just trust that load is working correctly and the simulations are working correctly I will trust you.

Blog Entries

Ahh, for the formulae to work correctly, they must be adjusted when Wonging. This is done automatically.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Okay so it is correct?

Blog Entries

I believe it is correct and the results make sense. Of course, everything is subject to new knowledge.

Thanks Norm you're the best!

Aprox. how many hands an hour do you get with the following stipulations:
    BC, and wong into +1, +2, +3, and +4TC.?

I had a sim ran and we estimated 100 hands per hour, but I know that's way off for the BC approach. I nelieve 100 hands an hour is for the 'play all' shoe games, right?

Is the answer to my question in BJA3? I know the avg. time per 2d, 6d, and 8d, is in there. But I do not remember seeing the hands per hour for the question proposed above.
    There is no glory in practice, but without practice there is no glory . -Unknown

I believe if you set the 100 hands per hour, but then also say you are going to back count and wong in and out at +2, the 100 hands per hour are still being dealt in the simulation you just aren't playing them. With wonging at +2 the simulation I ran said you play around 11% of the hands dealt so about 11 hands an hour? That seems very low. I also ran one wonging at +1 and the percentage played was 28.1%.

+1 28% is fine. +2 11% is too low. Should be more like 16%. See BJA3 chapter 10 charts.

Don

Thanks Don. I'll get to that chapter soon. I'm taking my good old time trying to understand everything in that book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay another question. What if you simulate a set of rules and betting guidelines but then want to relate the data to two people sharing the bankroll and playing together/back counting seperate tables. Is there another way to set up the simulation for team play such as this? Maybe it is the same data except n0 is reached quicker??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Two people playing separately have no covariance of results, as they are at different tables. Two separate players playing one hour at different tables is the same math as one player playing two hours (assuming same style). But since you achieve the two-hour result in a single hour, you reach goals twice as fast. :-)

Of course, the above doesn't address the possibility of a joint bank where each of the players "owns" the entire bank and, therefore, can play for twice as much than if alone. So, in essence, with two, you win at double the rate (actually four times, considering time and money, but split two ways).

Don

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast