Over the next few weekends, we will be experimenting with forced SSL. In the past, we offered HTTPS encryption. This is somewhat different in that ALL access to the site would be encrypted. That is, the site will only be accessible using HTTPS. This should not affect 99% of users – except that all communications with the site will be encrypted such that no one can intercept your connection or pretend to be this site. You should not notice a difference. If you have ancient software, you may not be able to access the site. As I have already changed www.card-counting.com and www.blackjackincolor.com to this, you can test in advance to see if you will have a problem by looking at those sites. There may be some other problems as VBulletin does not really support this and some changes will be needed. So, please notify me quickly of any difficulties.

The I’Net is a magnificent tool. But, the number of malevolent folk seem to be increasing. I don’t believe in succumbing to paranoia. But, I do lock my front door.