Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Software

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Top Software

Hi Guys -

New to the forum. Back story: Educated at one of the best Business Schools out there and now work in Private Equity. Can't think of anything except for blackjack lately. Scouring this site for two things:

(1) Thoughts on Positive Progression Systems

(2) Best Software to simulate Balckjack (Monte Carlo Simulations etc); something excel based would work.

Seriously good forum guys, so any general feedback will be much appreciated!

You were educated at one of the "best business schools out there," and you're asking about positive progression systems? That's extremely unfortunate. You won't get too many answers here beyond: They're useless; forget they ever existed.

As for software, just check your host's site, qfit.com. There's Norm's software, and then there's everything else.

Don

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PE_Guy View Post
    something excel based would work.
    A blackjack sim requires hundreds of millions of hands. Excel's RNG poops out at under 30,000 numbers.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Positive progression systems are useless. Forget they ever existed.

Don't use any progressive system when gambling. Easy way to go broke, become a homeless person, beg for food and money, accidentially take another hobo's prime hustling corner, get jumped by a bunch of random hobos.

Don't want to get jumped by a bunch of hobos? Don't use a progression betting system.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Quote Originally Posted by RollingStoned View Post
    Don't use any progressive system when gambling. Easy way to go broke, become a homeless person, beg for food and money, accidentially take another hobo's prime hustling corner, get jumped by a bunch of random hobos.

Don't want to get jumped by a bunch of hobos? Don't use a progression betting system.

LOL!

Don

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RollingStoned View Post
    Easy way to go broke, become a homeless person, beg for food and money, accidentally take another hobo's prime hustling corner, get jumped by a bunch of random hobos.
    I hate when that happens. And, get off my corner.

PE_Guy, sorry for the neg. posts. But, basically, you are asking if a class of strategies works that has been known for centuries to fail. Read the threads here and you will see that positive EV systems exist. They just aren't as simple as progression systems.
    Last edited by Norm; 03-19-2015 at 05:39 PM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

If only progression systems worked. It would be so easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PE_Guy View Post
    (1) Thoughts on Positive Progression Systems
    My favorite positive betting progression is to bet more as the TC gets more positive.

[Sorry, lost the quote from Norm - re Excel's RNG bombing out after 30,000 trials . . . .]

I haven't found that. Somehting I wrote can generate 10 million random roulette results and write the results into a sheet. Takes around four hours to run 10 million trials on my 4Gb RAM system. The file size ends up at half a gig. What range are you setting to pull the RN from (ie are you generating RNs from a range of more than 52 possibles at any one time)?
    Last edited by UK-21; 03-20-2015 at 06:47 AM.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Visit UK-21's Degenerate Gamblers Pages - www.uk-21.org

Bombs out means repeats the previous sequence. It doesn't mean stops generating numbers. So your 600 million card sim would be a repeat of the same 30,000 card sequence 20,000 times rather than truly random. If the play of hands had the First card of each 30,000 number sequence fall to the same spot in the sim (like a shuffle point) you would just repeat the same 30,000 card sim 20,000 times.
    Last edited by Three; 03-20-2015 at 09:13 AM.

Blog Entries

Doesn't repeat completely. Just becomes less random. MS claims the RNG is much better in Excel 2003 on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast