Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Do You React After Winning MAX BET Hands?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Post How Do You React After Winning MAX BET Hands?

RE: Counting Comportment

After winning a MAX BET hand at the Blackjack table do you usually keep your composure or do you usually flounder around with open excitement?

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    RE: Counting Comportment

After winning a MAX BET hand at the Blackjack table do you usually keep your composure or do you usually flounder around with open excitement?
    Depends on the reaction of the other players. If they get excited I play the role of lucky ploppy and react in kind. If they seem to care less I don't make a big deal about it.

first time was a medium bet that i had to split then double , I could barely push my chips to the circle from the shaking , I could feel each heartbeat inside the veins in my neck - then the dealer busted and I felt a surge of adrenaline and a sense of ease ... I didn't make a sound or show too much expression ...still don't, but I'm not robotic either , i still smile or something ... I guess I just be myself

How do ploppies act? I act like a pig in sh*t. Though sometimes I act like I finally got almost even after losing all night, which is a bit more subdued.

Last night it was +6TC and I had three bets out, $300, $300, and $250 (the last because I was all in). I received a 6 on my first hand of 10/2, doubled down 7/3 on my second hand and received an ace, doubled down another 7/3 on my third hand and received a ten (my friend loaned me $400 to make my double downs). All my friends gathered around me as the dealer hit a 7 to her 5-up/10 and busted. We all celebrated. It was a $2,900 round, $1,450 profit. Yippee! And it was the announced last shoe of the night at that particular table.

If you can't celebrate that, you must be some emotionless card counter who is used to such turnarounds.

PS-- We all went out and had breakfast after my ploppy friend pulled a four of a kind on a $5 Jacks or better 9/6 machine ($25 a pull). It was a good night for all concerned except one friend whom we never found though we searched and searched (he was drinking and has pulled such shenanigans before, so we left without him). I hope-- I'm pretty sure-- he was all right. But you can only do so much!
    Last edited by Aslan; 03-16-2015 at 10:47 PM.

Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 - 8/23/10... “Life’s most urgent question is: what are you doing for others?” — Martin Luther King, Jr.

Like T3 my reactions are similar to others at the table. Sometimes quiet and reserved, other times fist bumping hands in the air celebration. I try to make friends with the person next to me and celebrate their wins and get them to help celebrate mine. The degree of celebration depends on the table.

Interesting replies so far!

If you ever see someone chest bump a male pit boss or goose a female pit boss after winning a large bet, don't be afraid to come up and say hello to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mcallister3200 View Post
    If you ever see someone chest bump a male pit boss or goose a female pit boss after winning a large bet, don't be afraid to come up and say hello to me.
    LOL....thanks for posting!

funny thing was , (im still talking my little split double) all in all there was probably less than one hundred on the line ...
    that's like min bet for some of you guys ... ha ha ha !

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    How do ploppies act? I act like a pig in sh*t. Though sometimes I act like I finally got almost even after losing all night, which is a bit more subdued.

Last night it was +6TC and I had three bets out, $300, $300, and $250 (the last because I was all in). I received a 6 on my first hand of 10/2, doubled down 7/3 on my second hand and received an ace, doubled down another 7/3 on my third hand and received a ten (my friend loaned me $400 to make my double downs). All my friends gathered around me as the dealer hit a 7 to her 5-up/10 and busted. We all celebrated. It was a $2,900 round, $1,450 profit. Yippee! And it was the announced last shoe of the night at that particular table.

If you can't celebrate that, you must be some emotionless card counter who is used to such turnarounds.

PS-- We all went out and had breakfast after my ploppy friend pulled a four of a kind on a $5 Jacks or better 9/6 machine ($25 a pull). It was a good night for all concerned except one friend whom we never found though we searched and searched (he was drinking and has pulled such shenanigans before, so we left without him). I hope-- I'm pretty sure-- he was all right. But you can only do so much!
    3 hands, ehh? My locals may chop my fingers off if I attempted a similar move .

I maintain a stoical demeanor whether I win or lose. This is possibly a detriment, as I should show more ploppy type emotion; but it comes naturally to me. I try to just disappear. I don't talk to other players unless they speak first. Then I am polite, but try to keep the conversation brief.

For maximal longevity, don't decrease your bet after a win. (citations to Ian Anderson)

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Hi five everybody around me, yell "woohoo" really loudly, tip the dealer, and then color it all up and head to the cage.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast