See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Life on the Road

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
    The showers are often nice, but I find it easier to sleep in the car than in a hotel. I freely admit that this is likely a symptom of some bizarre mental illness.

Glad that your experience is otherwise.
    I can't sleep in a car, I think that's my problem lol.

Really dude?? All your jibberish was leading to this? Go away!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    play full time for 90 days and see how it goes before changing you career. The grass always looks greener on the other side.
    Not sure my workplace would be ok with me quitting for 90 days and then returning
    There is no glory in practice, but without practice there is no glory . -Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Orangechip2 View Post
    Not sure my workplace would be ok with me quitting for 90 days and then returning
    what is the longest stretch where you played 6 hours daily? You just have to do it on a stretch for a month and see if you can handle it, if you can make as much in a month as you would in your job. Don't base it on "I made more in a week playing BJ than I did in a month of work". Do it every day for a month. Take your vacation, head to Las Vegas and play.

Most make money on their first few days and then the tiredness, the grind, affects you around the end of 4-6 days and result in loss/variance hitting you. Try to get the max time you can from your work ("my mom, who lives in Henderson, NV is terminally ill, expected to last 2 weeks") and then head out!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123