See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Hi_Lo good enough!!?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    the answer is - yes

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
    Will hi lo make me good money!?
    Do you know any index moves for the game of your choice? Have you ran any sims? Using the Hi/Lo system is just part of the approach.

In 8D many people are ignorant to the fact that aTINY spread isn't going to be profitable. Are you playing all rounds or are you wonging?

BJAIII has all of the information you are looking for in the first 68 pages.
    Last edited by MidwestTom; 02-25-2015 at 03:43 PM.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestTom View Post
    Do you know any index moves for the game of your choice? Have you ran any sims? Using the Hi/Lo system is just part of the approach.

In 8D many people are ignorant to the fact that aTINY spread isn't going to be profitable. Are you playing all rounds or are you wonging?

You can have profitable 8 deck games with a TINY spread. But it requires a WIWO approach. And technically speaking even a tiny spread in a play all game can still be profitable just not 'worthwhile'
    Last edited by ZenKinG; 02-25-2015 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenKinG View Post
    You can have profitable 8 deck games with a TINY spread. But it requires a WIWO approach. And technically speaking even a tiny spread in a play all game can still be profitable just not 'worthwhile'
    It's good that you made the distinction between profitable and worthwhile. Counting a CSM and using the linear approach towards baccarat can be profitable, but they sure as hell ain't worthwhile.

A lot of these thing have been talked about ,such as 2x your hourly wage/income is a general rule. it seems to be alright with me ,but if you factor in all the other hassles of counting eg.expenses, heat .travel time,second hand smoke for some ...etc then 2x the hourly wage might not be enough.Why would you settle for 10%-20% improvement over a stronger count when you can gain that from a good trackable game easily or avoid a dealer error . Maybe even catch a glimpse of next card info or expose card . I see others that uses a higher count seem to be more focus and have less mental capacity to do other thing . These are just my opinions .

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestTom View Post

Good questions.
    The Cash Cow.

No joke I would recommend KO if you are playing nothing but 8 deck shoes. Most ppl suck at deck estimation.

The difference between HL and KO and a perfect system is less than 10%. You are better off focusing on not tipping.

Golf clubs are on the market advertised as more forgiving! What is more forgiving? Does this mean if I don't take lessons or practice, I use these clubs and my game flaws will be overturned and they will make me a good golfer? Not everyone will be a Professional Golfer or Card Player. One must be totally honest with himself when making a choice. The long run is not just where TEV and SD meet at the cross roads. It's the hours and hours of study and practice the individual must put forth to really make the game work for him! I believe if an individual has the foundation to become a Professional, then he isn't going with "more forgiving", he's going to seek the best instruction and use the "Strongest System" with all elements attached. Not many players want to admit they aren't equipped to handle the long ride! This is fine, and for those people I believe that they should attack the game with a strong understanding of Basic Strategy, play and have fun. They will play longer and loose less than a person who attempts to attack the game with only a partial system. Placing to large a wager at the wrong time, making the wrong deviation, these are things that will loose at a very rapid pace. As for tipping, I observe where the dealer is placing the cut card before I'm ready to enter the game. If it's within my "play zone" I enter the game. Once I've reached the plus side, I will place a wager for the Dealer at the next TC, if the cut card gets placed deeper than where it has been, I will ask the Dealer if he/she prefers to "drop a tip", or have a wager placed. If the cut card doesn't get moved, sorry, no more tips/wagers.

You cannot play like Tiger Woods by changing your gear. Your succes sdepends more on your personality, your self discipline, your BR and your strategies ( games you play, when you play and where you play) and less on the count you play.

if you lose, do not look at the count you use, look at yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by biggg View Post
    You are better off focusing on not tipping.
    very true!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    You cannot play like Tiger Woods by changing your gear. Your succes sdepends more on your personality, your self discipline, your BR and your strategies ( games you play, when you play and where you play) and less on the count you play.

if you lose, do not look at the count you use, look at yourself.
    this is spot on ....so true...

But Tiger Woods has sucked for a long long time. At least as compared to other pros. Really ever since he fired his coach or whatever you call it years ago. I think I heard in the last year his best finish was in his own tournament were he came in dead last but the field was only about 3 dozen golfers.

Tiger Woods now has "golf Alzheimer's" but really, he has tried to change his game (swings, putting) so often it is like a card counter changing his horn HL to Zen to KO to .....

basically, the fun and money incentive is gone for him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast