See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Theorem: Heat is the most important factor in game selection

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
    Some of us prefer the variety of different shops and shorter sessions of different shifts over hours on end in a smoke filled and often unpleasant environment. Naturally, there are exceptions.
    I'm absolutely not hating on the "hit and run" approach. It gets the money. My point was to show that an average or even bad game can actually be comparable to the best games if you change a few parameters.
    The Cash Cow.

changing of the trend

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    That's why I prefer the cleaner, brighter, best ventilated, less appealing to smokers rooms. My idea of a dreadful place to play for an extended period of time is Palace Station-- dark, stinking, and smoke-filled much of the time, not to mention, unsafe "feeling" late at night. Same goes for Circus Circus, where I have not played for more than 5 years.
    I only patronize smoke-free clubs and I am a well-known fixture. Player's card and all. Blackjack is not my prime game-although I play it occasionally. What I have noticed is that it isn't so much the spread that's important but how it's implemented. It should be anomalous. The more so, the better. I haven't been backed off or flat betted for years although many of my cohorts have been. My average winning sessions; 3 out of 4. Life is good once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    I only patronize smoke-free clubs and I am a well-known fixture. Player's card and all. Blackjack is not my prime game-although I play it occasionally. What I have noticed is that it isn't so much the spread that's important but how it's implemented. It should be anomalous. The more so, the better. I haven't been backed off or flat betted for years although many of my cohorts have been. My average winning sessions; 3 out of 4. Life is good once again.
    Jabberwocky, I tried to PM you but I couldn't. I am interested in what you can't say in the open forum.

Aslan, I haven't noticed any correlation between game conditions, surveillance/game protection skill, and sweatiness. I've seen fantastic games with no sweating, and no surveillance. I've seen good games with the same. I've seen horrible games (2+ decks cut off) that are sweaty as hell, and calling up for skills checks.

Maybe what you're saying is true in Vegas. A lot of the really good games have excellent active surveillance, or they have sweaty crews (The Sweaty Spaniard).
    The Cash Cow.

all i need to see are the rules and pen...no score/N0/etc calcs are necessary...heat has no impact on my game selection as until I start firing, I do not know anything about the heat...let the chips fall where they may...if I get the boot, will find (several) other games...of course, I have never played rated (for at least 20+ yrs) and avoid vegas like the plague

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12