Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dealer forgets to burn a card

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoofly View Post
    Which state? I frequent a place that has discontinued burning a card when dealers change. I am told this was due to requests by patrons. I suspect their reason for this is to avoid disturbing the flow.
    I believe you might play at a place where I play!

Quote Originally Posted by MJGolf View Post
    This is the way I see most pits handle it. Judiciously and give the players the choice. Not a bad way to unload a bad hand.
    I think they may be required to do it this way in many places. I have serious legal questions about taking someone's money on a misdealt hand.
    The Cash Cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Hand View Post
    Tthree,

The actual situation is a bit more complicated than you have indicated above. For instance, against a dealer's X or A, the proper choice rests on whether or not the dealer has already checked for a BJ. In addition, the TC can alter the choice as well.

If you have Green Chip access, check this URL to see a post I made a few years ago that tangentially addresses this question:
    http://www.bj21.com/greenchip/misc_b...tive-ev-hands/

Hope this helps!

Dog Hand
    Thanks for sharing this! Do you happen to have a similar chart for any other games like S17 6D or S17 8D?

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Of course you are right Dog. I have never been offered an option without the pit instructing the dealer to check for BJ first. I guess it does happen especially ENHC. I also use a unique count of my own design so talking about what the count is would be meaningless to others.
    Recently we all asked for a redeal because everyone had a stiff. The dealer proceeded to deal himself a blackjack. But I did feel good about getting a second chance.

Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 - 8/23/10... “Life’s most urgent question is: what are you doing for others?” — Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcharlie View Post
    Thanks for sharing this! Do you happen to have a similar chart for any other games like S17 6D or S17 8D?
    mrcharlie,

I don't have a S17 version, but I did mention in the Green Chip post how one could be constructed with the use of CVData. In retrospect, I would advise running sims on MTC's between -5 and +5 only, which will halve the necessary work. Furthermore, if you run your own, you can use any count system you like... I don't actually use HiLo myself.

Dog Hand

What if the shoe was on the other foot? Count is through the roof. Relief dealer comes in and forgets to burn a card. You get blackjack on both of your large bets. Pit boss says sorry the hand doesn't count. Just playing what if here as far as letter of the law. Realistically, I don't see it happening unless they were already after someone.

Quote Originally Posted by paymypush View Post
    What if the shoe was on the other foot? Count is through the roof. Relief dealer comes in and forgets to burn a card. You get blackjack on both of your large bets. Pit boss says sorry the hand doesn't count. Just playing what if here as far as letter of the law. Realistically, I don't see it happening unless they were already after someone.
    I was playing in a sweatshop and saw this happen. It cleared the ploppies out. I doubt they ever came back.

Quote Originally Posted by paymypush View Post
    Depends on the size of the bet. If I'm going to win $1000 bucks, a shitstorm will commence, and probably a call to gaming. If it's a couple of $25 bets, I don't know.
    The Cash Cow.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123