Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calculating TC in Spanish 21 ?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Calculating TC in Spanish 21 ?

Hi Everyone ,
    using FELT , since it would become unbalanced now in sp21 ;

Would I use the same formula as

TC = RC / # decks remaining?

(I wasn't sure ; that, since it's unbalanced now ; does it get weird ? like KO for figuring TC ? )

------------------------------------
    Do the numbers still work out where the % advantage is still equal to roughly- about TC * .50 ?

----------------
    Thanks so much !
    Nikky
    “It seemed to me ... that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.

I'm not sure, as I'm unfamiliar with this situation, but I could not hesitate to post in this thread because I read the thread title as "Calculating TC in spanish", and just wanted to come in here and say "UNO".

As for your question, I was under the impression that most counts that convert to TC are balanced counts, and typically one with an unbalanced count wasn't necessary to convert, rather than to essentially "start off" the RC? I'm sure T3 will drop some wisdom here and enlighten us.

UTC = [RC - (Imbalance per deck typically 4 * decks played)]/ decks remaining.

Other ways also. This is the easier route in my opinion.
    Last edited by muckz; 02-10-2015 at 02:21 PM.
    Maman died today. Or yesterday maybe, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by muckz View Post
    UTC = [RC - (Imbalance per deck typically 4 * decks played)]/ decks remaining.

Other ways also. This is the easier route in my opinion.
    Ok , thanks muckz ,
    (my imbalance per Deck will be -8 ) , I will apply that for TC , thank you very much ...

and for SP21 , if my TC = 4 , does the general rule of thumb still applies "roughly cut in half for the % advantage ?
    so a TC of 4 , will roughly equate to a %2 advantage ?
    “It seemed to me ... that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    <snip>The ace is the uber card for BC and pretty useless for BC.<snip>
    Tthree,

Did you mean:

"The ace is the uber card for BC and pretty useless for PE"?

Dog Hand

This is a BC game, like all shoe games. Just use the Hi-Lo tags and count the Ace -2. It's way easier, and I believe the BC is actually better. I certainly wouldn't include the 9.
    The Cash Cow.

thanks for all the great answers guys !

for SP21 , does the general rule of thumb still applies "roughly cut in half for the % advantage ? "

so a TC of 6 , will roughly equate to a 3 % advantage ?
    do we still that for this game ?

if we end up balancing it - do we then get the Tc by using / decks remaining then ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikky_Flash View Post
    thanks for all the great answers guys !

for SP21 , does the general rule of thumb still applies "roughly cut in half for the % advantage ? "

so a TC of 6 , will roughly equate to a 3 % advantage ?
    do we still that for this game ?
    It's an ok generalization. But at screaming high counts, the shift are much bigger. SP21 doesn't have the "tied 20" phenomenon as much as regular BJ.
    The Cash Cow.

Thanks Moo ,

Wondering what would be stronger count at this point ,

Hi-Lo tweaked for Ace = -2 ................would I just use /Decks Remaining for TC?

or FELT , just how it is ?

Just use the RC/decks remaining with that count. It's balanced.
    The Cash Cow.

Quote Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
    Just use the RC/decks remaining with that count. It's balanced.
    For SP21 it's stronger than FELT ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikky_Flash View Post
    For SP21 it's stronger than FELT ?
    I don't have the EORs in front of me, but I believe so. Depending on whether you are playing S17 or H17, the EOR is 2-3 times as much for the Ace as the Ten. I even think going 5=+2 and A=-3 would be a stronger system. But the count I recommended gets the money without trying to use a complicated count in a 8-decker.

Also, tthree is right that, unlike BJ, side counts and playing counts can be worth a lot. Especially in pitch (yes it is pitched, no I'm not discussing where).

Personally, I wouldn't even think about trying to side-count in a shoe game, but it's a free country and other people do.
    The Cash Cow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast