Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don Schlesinger on GWAE this week

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Don Schlesinger on GWAE this week

Don is the guest this week on Gambling With an Edge. Send us your questions for Don. The more you contribute the better the show. You can post them here, or email them to [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by RWM View Post
    Don is the guest this week on Gambling With an Edge. Send us your questions for Don. The more you contribute the better the show. You can post them here, or email them to [email protected].
    Per Wikipedia.org:"

"

Don, congrats to you for being in the Blackjack Hall of Fame.

Have you received extra heat after you're in the HoF? For example, h
    ave Borgata's counter-catchers restricted you to a $50 max-bet per hand? Have the catchers placed a $5-$50 sign against you... as soon as you sit down to play blackjack in Borgata?
    Last edited by Adrianno; 02-10-2015 at 02:23 AM.

Richard - You've had such great guests on your show lately - very informative and interesting. Looking forward to hearing Don's actual voice! I've been reading his book(s) and posts for years, but have never heard him speak. Thank you.

"Richard - You've had such great guests on your show lately - very informative and interesting."

Sorry to break that streak!

Don

Make certain everything you say is grammatically correct. If not, we'll be on your ass!
    Congrats again, on your HOF entrance.

Great show, I've read quite a bit of Don's work so it's nice to put a voice to it now!

I'm still trying to figure out why he said using "indexes".
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by Bodarc View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why he said using "indexes".
    Haha. I noticed that also, although he only did it once, then said indices a number of times.
    But either indices or indexes is an acceptable plural of index.

Unless you are speaking to a math professor or a scientist.
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

I once questioned this, but recently I read some blackjack literature from the 70's and even then they used indexes. Who says formulae instead of formulas? It's the same thing.

Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 - 8/23/10... “Life’s most urgent question is: what are you doing for others?” — Martin Luther King, Jr.

I was just teasing with Don. Why don't we drop it so as not to hijack this thread on an interview that I enjoyed very much.

Well to go back to the program...........it was TOO short. After they took some time complimenting each other, I could have listened to more commentary and information for MUCH longer than was on the show.........LOL Made me go back to find the 2012 episode again, though I know I had listened to it. Maybe it's time to have a "seminar" by Don and Richard. They BOTH can wear a mask. I for one would pay for that video or podcast instruction.
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and Men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea" --- Robert A. Heinlein

Banned or Suspended

I thought it was a good interview. It was interesting to hear what Don thought about the games of today compared to years ago and the book selections he recommends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast