See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Family and Blackjack

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
    Please say she's a non-gaming employee, so there's no risk of being accused of collusion.
    She's a non gaming employee. Regardless, we're keeping it rather private.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Here is the question you must ask yourself. Is the person that you are - the person that you would want that person to want you- want?
    I think I just went cross eyed after reading that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenKinG View Post
    My advice to you is to stop focusing so much on money. You're going to spend your whole life chasing money like a hound and by the time you get older, you're going to ask ask yourself, what was all this worth? Enjoy life man, money truly isn't everything, it's important, but like the old cliche goes, it isn't everything. Reading from your paragraph, I think you're pushing everything else around you away because you only see one thing right now and that is to make as much money as possible.

Dont be that guy in his 80s who starts reflecting on his life and says, was it all really worth it? All i have now is paper, but no friends and family, the things that really matter at the end of the day
    To each their own my friend . As long as your happy doin what you do then so be it.

Good Cards,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
    She's a non gaming employee. Regardless, we're keeping it rather private.

I think I just went cross eyed after reading that.
    Me, too!

Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 - 8/23/10... “Life’s most urgent question is: what are you doing for others?” — Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    I suggest putting it up in your office or perhaps the dashboard of your car. Read a few times and it will begin to makes sense to you. Basically, but not the entire point is, it's difficult to meet that special someone if you're not comfortable in your own skin. Now...if it's that person making you feel comfortable that may not be good in the long run.
    I understood what was being said, it was just said in a way that could have been worded differently to be "easier" to read. I just felt like making a silly post.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Me, too!
    Aslan gets it!

Quote Originally Posted by muffdiver View Post
    The biggest problem could well be in your second sentence-------------"play on same bankroll".
    You would think so but that's never a topic in our arguments. Since we also sometimes play on a team, it makes sense to pool money together to maximize our betting potential.

I guess saying "play on the same bankroll" is a little deceiving because it's not like we always share a bankroll and it's not like we don't have separate finances.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345