Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New "Dealer Error" Thread

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Once you stop and look around and pause you have waited too long. Usually if you pause, the dealer will sense something wrong and recount the hand. As soon as you're paid, just pull your chips in as if nothing irregular has happened.
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

About 3 weeks ago I managed to get half my max bet back when I late-surrendered a 16 against a dealer ace and he got BJ then he refunded half as if it were early surrender. Got $37.50 in free EV

This doesn't beat the worst dealer error though. Last session the dealer attempted to collect everyone's chips before she even played out the hand! She had a six showing! LOL. But she drew 21 anyway and we all lost

Quote Originally Posted by Bodarc View Post
    ...Usually if you pause, the dealer will sense something wrong and recount the hand. ...
    This is a different situation, because there was no hand to count. I got a blackjack, got paid for it, and then the BJ cards got taken away like they normally would before continuing with the other players' hands. So the dealer essentially paid a spot that had no hand.

I've benefitted before from other dealer errors like getting paid for a push, or pushing a hand that should have lost. But at least there are cards there. Paying a spot with no cards is a much more noticeable error, which is why I hesitated to just swipe the chips. That and it is my regular place.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123