See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Over 50,000 beyond enemy lines

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    Mofungoo made a great point also in that they use a multi-state bank. I'm sure they have a Bank of America in Las Vegas or any other major gambling town as an example of what he is saying. Look at the banks where they could go in such a venue to make a withdrawal without the hassle and worry as long as an account is set up.
    Between Bank Of America, Chase, and Wells Fargo you should have the country pretty well covered.

Quote Originally Posted by mofungoo View Post
    Between Bank Of America, Chase, and Wells Fargo you should have the country pretty well covered.
    http://www.wealthreporter.com/sa/banks-rejecting.html

As long as they'll do a cash withdrawal for you.
    May the cards fall in your favor.

In my very limited (but non-zero) experience with large cash transactions at banks, it seems that it is the large amount of cash itself that annoys the staff, rather than the CTR. The CTR is never mentioned, and as we have learned, is probably filed automatically.

For whatever reasons, large amounts of cash seem to be a problem. On one occasion a branch manager suggested that I might want to open a merchant account, where cash handling -- for a fee, of course -- is an explicitly provided service. Perhaps I have the wrong bank...

Regardless, maybe I am wrong, but I don't think banks are open 24/7/365, even in Las Vegas. And sometimes short-lived opportunities occur at odd hours...

-TX

It seems like one of those scare tactics that investing brokers use to try to get herd think to do something so they can profit on the opposite. The article pumped some kind of secret currency link for "your own piece of mind". Move your money to this "alternative currency". I guess its the next bitcoin. LOL
    I remember all the us dollar is going to collapse on July 1, 2014 scare to get the masses to liquidate stock holdings and put their money in whatever they were pushing. That was Stansberry and Associates Investment Research LLC as well.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/conspiracy/hr2847.asp

Upon a minimal amount of research it seems HSBC just doesn't have much cash, ""HSBC has a major capital shortfall".
    http://www.stokflok.com/content/bank...sh-withdrawals
    Last edited by Three; 01-20-2015 at 05:36 AM.

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Bank branches don't like to handle cash that much. For very large withdrawals, some require advance notice. I have a business account for which I pay a monthly fee depending on how much is deposited. There do exist banks that have free business accounts. But, they have fewer branches.

At my bank, the job of teller is low-paying and short-lived. You are expected to be promoted or fired after six months or so. (Kinda like an Asst. Prof.) Large cash transactions may make them nervous.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

1. You don't have to declare cash on a domestic flight. Just international.

2. At McCarran, they're very unlikely to give a shit. At other airports, it depends, but a flight to Vegas will help you a lot.

3. Don't ever check it (theft)

4. I think carry-on is a good way to go. If you have it on your person with the body scanners, someone is definitely going to notice, and I think this is more likely to draw attention than slapping it in your carry-on. But, I would defer to Bob Nersesian's expertise on this. He's got way more experience with this stuff than I do.
    The Cash Cow.

Quote Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
    4. I think carry-on is a good way to go. If you have it on your person with the body scanners, someone is definitely going to notice, and I think this is more likely to draw attention than slapping it in your carry-on. But, I would defer to Bob Nersesian's expertise on this. He's got way more experience with this stuff than I do.
    I let my wife or partner go through first. Once they get through undetained I send my tray through for them to watch until I can pick it up. For some reason I always seem to get some additional attention after going through the scanners. I have a bunch of medical implants that held me together while bones and connective tissue mended after various traumas to my body but I don't think they set off the metal detectors. They usually wand me in those areas. But they say no metal was detected before wanding me. I guess the object show up as nonhuman tissue or something on the scanner. Sometimes I have to show skin for them to wand over or turn pockets inside out for them to see nothing is in the pockets over any of the areas of my body. Often they are quite insistent that something is still in my pocket. I never had to go to a room. When they say we need to go to the room so you can show skin I immediately show skin there without asking. I am not shy. That usually moves the process along. I guess they don't like partial mooning of other passengers. I am not some hot babe. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    I let my wife or partner go through first. Once they get through undetained I send my tray through for them to watch until I can pick it up. For some reason I always seem to get some additional attention after going through the scanners. I have a bunch of medical implants that held me together while bones and connective tissue mended after various traumas to my body but I don't think they set off the metal detectors. They usually wand me in those areas. But they say no metal was detected before wanding me. I guess the object show up as nonhuman tissue or something on the scanner. Sometimes I have to show skin for them to wand over or turn pockets inside out for them to see nothing is in the pockets over any of the areas of my body. Often they are quite insistent that something is still in my pocket. I never had to go to a room. When they say we need to go to the room so you can show skin I immediately show skin there without asking. I am not shy. That usually moves the process along. I guess they don't like partial mooning of other passengers. I am not some hot babe. LOL
    Dang! All this time I thought I was talking with some hot babe!

Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 - 8/23/10... “Life’s most urgent question is: what are you doing for others?” — Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Dang! All this time I thought I was talking with some hot babe!
    That doesn't mean I am not a lesbian. LOL

Now you're a black lesbian? Good god, I just can't keep up!

Are you saying we have a common interest?

Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 - 8/23/10... “Life’s most urgent question is: what are you doing for others?” — Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
    1. You don't have to declare cash on a domestic flight. Just international.

2. At McCarran, they're very unlikely to give a shit. At other airports, it depends, but a flight to Vegas will help you a lot.

3. Don't ever check it (theft)

Is there a cash limit on an international flight?

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Bank branches don't like to handle cash that much. For very large withdrawals, some require advance notice. I have a business account for which I pay a monthly fee depending on how much is deposited. There do exist banks that have free business accounts. But, they have fewer branches.

At my bank, the job of teller is low-paying and short-lived. You are expected to be promoted or fired after six months or so. (Kinda like an Asst. Prof.) Large cash transactions may make them nervous.
    I have alerted a branch bank about a cash need and they arranged for the money to be there when I arrived. You may need to give a few days notice.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast