See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SD game in NV - *very* easy

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

SD game in NV - *very* easy

Just came back from a playing trip in NV where I encountered a beautiful single deck game, $2-200 tables, 70-80% pen, DOA, h17, bj 3:2. Played heads up for a couple of hours spreading 2-100. Good dealers, no noticeable heat until back-off. Any guesses where I was?

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Fantasyland?
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Haha. Good one. I thought the same when I walked in. Let me clarify: I played a *total* of two hours heads up, four hours in all. Intermittently, there would be between 1 and 3 more players, meaning I would switch between one and two hands. But I did get away with 4 hours of perfect game, totally undisturbed by either pit, dealers of ploppies. Until I returned.

Sure, I know where you played. It's a place with no black chips.

Quote Originally Posted by 22 Dreams View Post
    Sure, I know where you played. It's a place with no black chips.
    what do you know about this place?

Quote Originally Posted by nonfinito View Post
    So if you won $10,000, they have to give you 400 green chips?

My game is better still. DD. Deep pen and LS with Lucky Ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    So if you won $10,000, they have to give you 400 green chips?
    if you 'won', yes. if you 'earned', who knows. didn't let it come to that for me.

LS in a DD... NV?

Conditions and heat vary. Sounds like you were there at the right time. I had a dealer nearly run out of cards one time. She was alarmed. That's an exception though.
    There are days/shifts that I'll avoid due to crowding.

Quote Originally Posted by 22 Dreams View Post
    Conditions and heat vary. Sounds like you were there at the right time. I had a dealer nearly run out of cards one time. She was alarmed. That's an exception though.
    There are days/shifts that I'll avoid due to crowding.
    yep. that's the one. how long would you leave it before returning (if at all) there? that is, after a back off? do they know what they're doing?

Just came back from a playing trip in NV where I encountered a beautiful single deck game, $2-200 tables, 70-80% pen, DOA, h17, bj 3:2. Played heads up for a couple of hours spreading 2-100. Good dealers, no noticeable heat until back-off. Any guesses where I was?
    A place that is often very smoky, and is related to a much-nicer place about ten miles southwest of it. I played there many years ago when a 200 max game was still acceptable to me. The place has changed little over the years.

Since you were able to get down a good spread for a while, why not go 2-200 instead of only 100?
    Last edited by LVBear584; 01-08-2015 at 02:30 PM. Reason: typo
    Opinions and Commentary on the Gaming Industry: The Bear Growls

Quote Originally Posted by LVBear584 View Post
    A place that is often very smoky, and is related to a much-nicer place about ten miles southwest of it. I played there many years ago when a 200 max game was still acceptable to me. The place has changed little over the years.

Since you were able to get down a good spread for a while, why not go 2-200 instead of only 100?
    Didn't have the bankroll with me to absorb SD fluctuations. When I returned the same evening armed, it was too late.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast