Quote Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
I'll say this much. For VP, it isn't so much about finding the machine to play, as it is knowing when to play it. Certain places offer certain points/cash offers/multipliers for certain days of play. In some cases, its entirely possibly to play certain VP games at a theoretical 3.5% advantage for 8-24 hours, depending on the promotional period. VP and other machine play, of course, is wildly more erratic and volatile than APBJ is, which is why you need to find a good game to play and hammer it on those "advantage" days of play. Through a long enough sample period of play, it won't be unheard of to to earn a realistic 2% advantage on the machine over the long haul.

For "other" machine plays, you're looking at SERIOUSLY wild variance in most cases, so much so that to a degree unless you're on the right machine at the most mathematically favorable time, you're going to be closer to "gambling" than anything else. Of course, the longer "window" of play you achieve, the more that settles and you achieve the "real" payback percentage and/or advantage. Again, like VP on promotional days, if you key on a certain or specific type of machine to play on those days, its theoretically possible to play some "machine" games at a break even or even slight advantage, and then more so if its a "special" kind of machine I won't discuss on the open forum or anywhere online, really.
Thank you very much for your response. I certainly don't expect you to divulge your games. I was more trying to determine if the endeavor would be worth my time given my bankroll. I understand you can have an impressive edge in terms of percentages, but at which point does EV approximately top out? Assuming a bankroll of around 500 k, what could you expect for an hourly rate playing the most appropriate limits?