See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Question about CV drills

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Question about CV drills

I've noticed something a little strange on the drills; and haven't been able to figure it out.
    The drills are sometimes objecting to correct plays, and there's the option of seeing the chart; and the chart backs up the correct play, but in the the drills section it says to do something else. For example: I have 2, A, 6 vs. dealer's 6 (count +5): so I double down (using Felt); and CV flags it as an error - "suggested action stand." The tables option indicate double down.
    Or I have A, 2, 4 vs. dealer has a 6 (count +2); so I double down. CV flags it as an error: "your action - double down; suggested action - hit." And there's the chart view option, which says that double down was correct.
    I think the discrepencies occur when I have 3 cards or more: what am I missing? Do the actions change when more than 2 cards are out?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Roscoe,

Very few BJ games allow players to double down with more than two cards. Thus, if you have 2, A, 6 vs. 6, you have S19 vs. 6. If you cannot DD, then your next-best option is to Stand, which CV recommends. Similarly, if you have A, 2, 4 vs. 6, you have S17 vs. 6, but cannot DD, so the next-best option is to Hit, which again CV recommends.

Of course, if you're playing a game that DOES allow you to DD on more than two cards, then by all means DD in those cases. Some BJ games do indeed allow players to DD on three cards.

Hope this helps!

Dog Hand

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Got it. Finally.