Thread: Happy New Year!!!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Happy New Year!!!

May we all have a healthy, happy and prosperous 2012! Our socialization here is a means of advancing and learning from one another because each and every day can be a learning curve if you want it to be. We have the means here to share knowledge, learn from one another and regardless of my personal experience and knowledge I always seem to find a few new quirks and things to enhance my play from other professionals and experts.

I have my few people that I have come to know, trust, socialize and play alongside in the few years I have been involved with BJINFO and I am grateful to have had the privilege to hang with these people and fine tune our thing that we do. Why is this so cool and amazing to me? I've said it before... before recent years I only read about other professional players in books and never had the chance to actually hang out with them! The average person in the street has no clue about what I do, how I do it, how it really works, etc. Not even my friends and relatives have much of any clue of these things, the "nuts and bolts" of how it all works. It is beyond the realms of their understanding.

To be able to hang out with people like Flash and others, "talk shop", flip cards and talk about my counting system to someone who can actually appreciate it for what it is... it's remarkable to me. To talk of the day in and day out struggles with people who have been in the same situation helps me assess and fine tune my play. I have that saying about "If it's not broken don't try to fix it" with regard to my (Tarzan) system but you can always gain little helpful bits and pieces if you hang with knowledgeable experts in the field.

Just to have someone that can understand my counting method and how it works is very cool to me. I am indebted to the fine people that have gone to the trouble to keep the blackjack community together online, the people that have brought some of us together.

Banned or Suspended

Very nice post, Tarzan. Wishing you and all the members a happy and healthy New Years and success, however you choose to define it in 2012. Having overcome a medical issue, in 2011, which I have been lucky enough not to have dealt with any such issues before, I have moved 'healthy' up on my priority list. Without your health it is difficult to achieve any other goals, So an extra special wish for everyone's good health.

I also would like to thank Norm for keeping the group together and providing a place for blackjack related online socialization, which I have come to greatly appreciate along with the opportunity to continue to learn from other members and their experiences. I know he was reluctant to do so.

Happy New Year to you all!
    Thank you for sharing your knowledge of Advantage Play with me and for helping further my abilities. I have grown tremendously in the past year, and I am looking forward to applying that knowledge in 2012!

Regards,
    Coyote
    Life is short so hit it hard!

Thank you Tarzan and KJ. Much appreciation for all the sharing you do.

Happy New Year! I hope this year is a healthy and prosperous one for all in the AP community, recreational and professional players alike.

PS-- Please don't forget to make early flight and room reservations if you are planning to play on December 21, 2012. Availability is unpredictable.

Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 - 8/23/10... “Life’s most urgent question is: what are you doing for others?” — Martin Luther King, Jr.