Thread: New Blackjack Movie

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

New Blackjack Movie

Has anyone seen this? Just found it on youtube. Looks like a remake of the MIT documentary. Something new at least which is interesting. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPBwj8oMYu8

Yes, this is a very new 10 years old movie.

Made in Canada for Canadian TV, loosely inspired by MIT...

Amusing enough so I watched it a few times.

I rather like the character of the investor.
    May the cards fall in your favor.

The movie sucks.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Banned or Suspended

I just finished watching it and I remember now that I've seen the ending where they are playing in the private high roller pit, but can't remember where Ive seen it before.

I liked the humor in the movie but it was an average film and a lot of technical errors while playing such as splitting tens against a ten, etc.

Good movie, but they resort to gambling ways to make money at the end rather than AP methods

Quote Originally Posted by bjarg View Post
    Yes, this is a very new 10 years old movie.
    Lmao thank you for the laugh

Quote Originally Posted by lanbo View Post
    Good movie, but they resort to gambling ways to make money at the end rather than AP methods
    Yeah it never made sense to me how the main guy was addicted to the horses and the kids he trained resorted to martingale in the end. A lot of dumb gambling in an AP movie.

Liked it! Not technically perfect but entertaining, especially the private game scene.

Fun to watch but not to be taken seriously. Thanks for sharing.

As I understand it, the reason why they resorted to the Martingale was because they didn't have a choice. They were running out of time and needed a high stakes game. They thought that they would be killed if they didn't make $500,000.

I agree that the movie was incredibly bad though. I love blackjack so much though that I even enjoy a "bad" blackjack movie!

Quote Originally Posted by marriedputter View Post
    As I understand it, the reason why they resorted to the Martingale was because they didn't have a choice. They were running out of time and needed a high stakes game. They thought that they would be killed if they didn't make $500,000.

I agree that the movie was incredibly bad though. I love blackjack so much though that I even enjoy a "bad" blackjack movie!
    Good or bad, I'm a sucker for any "gambling" movie. This one, however, was one of my least favorites. I'd take 21, Croupier, or "the cooler" over this one any day of the week. Could have just been the very, very bad acting though.

Banned or Suspended

I couldn't bear to watch anymore of the movie after the Professor did his recruiting for his team. I've found out that it is a lot harder in real life to convert non-BJ players or card players for that matter into card counters. If they lack the desire, aptitude, and are not patient then it will never happen and that seems to be the case with 99% of card players out there.