Thread: Updating CV Data doesn't solve problem of "Multiple draws after Ace split" as default

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Updating CV Data doesn't solve problem of "Multiple draws after Ace split" as default

I installed the latest update and it still is using "Multiple draws after Ace split" and giving strange results. I also deleted the bad sims from Archives and their user configurations.

I clicked New to start and new sim and typed "St. Louis 1 to 5" as the name of the sim. I expanded Templates, clicked on "Simple Six Deck Simulation" as the model and clicked Init. I changed 400 to 200 for the number of rounds in millions, changed the shuffle point to 57 cards and clicked Rules. "Multiple draws after Ace split" does not appear as a default rule. I checked Respilt Aces and Dealer hits soft 17 and clicked Playing. I clicked Attach a Strategy and changed Basic High-Low with full indices to Basic High-Low with Illustrious 18. I clicked Betting, clicked Attach a Strategy and changed the default to a user strategy called "1-5 Bet=TC" (TC<=1 bet is 1, TC=2 bet is 2, TC=3 bet is 3,
    TC=4 bet is 4, TC>=5 bet is 5) and changed the unit size to 10. I clicked Nuances and checked Massive Data and Sessions Data. I clicked the Sessions tab and changed the Session Bankroll to 50, changed the Session Target to 100 and used 400 as Max Session Length. Is the Max Session Length measured in rounds? I clicked Start Sim. The hourly win rate was $3.87. The IBA was 0.281% and 51.35% of sessions won with 19.31% reaching the target.

I clicked New to start a second new sim and typed "St. Louis 1, 2 4, 8" as the name of this sim. I expanded User Configurations, clicked on "St. Louis 1 to 5" as the model and clicked Init. The Set Up specs were those that I used for the prior sim. I clicked Rules. "Multiple draws after Ace split" DOES appear as a default rule. I unchecked it. I proceeded as above, but entered a different user betting strategy called "1, 2, 4, 8" (TC<=1 bet is 1, TC=2 bet is 2, TC=3 bet is 4, TC>=4 bet is 8). The hourly win rate for this sim was $4.80. The IBA was 0.358% and 51.85% of sessions won with 17.27% reaching the target.

The hourly win rate on the second sim with the more aggressive betting ramp should be and is much higher than for the first sim. I question the sessions results. The percentage of sessions won on the second sim with the more aggressive betting ramp was only slightly higher than on the first sim and the percentage of sessions reaching the target was lower.

Problem
    :

I clicked Archives, File and Parameters for both sims. Multiple draws after Ace split was checked for both sims. Installing the latest update did not solve this problem.

Blog Entries

You're right. Install www.qfit.com/update576.msi.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Thanks for the usual very prompt service. It appears to be working. I will have some questions about sim results and CV Data output later.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    You're right. Install www.qfit.com/update576.msi.
    A couple years ago, you sent me an update not listed on your website to fix a problem with (if I remember correctly) std dev results not including side bet variance, do you have a list of all changes that have been made up to 576 (in addition to what's listed on the website)? Just curious.

Blog Entries

No. Most updates are absurdly minor relating to specific Windows oddities or combinations of options that probably only one person will hit.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse