Thread: Question to the board...

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Question to the board...

I've played blackjack for a couple of years and have noticed certain decisions some players make while playing. The one decision which sticks out in my mind (especially participants playing from the third base area) the most is when a player stays on a H15 vs. 10 or an Ace all the time thoughout the shoe and yet still outperforms the rest of the particpants. And especially those playing on first..Is this just dumb luck? Or is there something else to this? And how can a participant on first "adapt" to this situation, if something could be done about it? thx..

Quote Originally Posted by scottwilliam View Post
    And especially those playing on first..Is this just dumb luck?
    Yes
    Or is there something else to this?
    No
    And how can a participant on first "adapt" to this situation, if something could be done about it?
    There is nothing to do anything about. You thought you noticed a trend and now selective memory is backing it up. I have seen people kicking arse by doubling hard 16 and splitting the dumbest hands. I sure am not going to try to copy a losing yet lucky in the short term strategy.

I've played blackjack for a couple of years and have noticed certain decisions some players make while playing. The one decision which sticks out in my mind (especially participants playing from the third base area) the most is when a player stays on a H15 vs. 10 or an Ace all the time thoughout the shoe and yet still outperforms the rest of the particpants. And especially those playing on first..Is this just dumb luck? Or is there something else to this? And how can a participant on first "adapt" to this situation, if something could be done about it? thx..
    Scenarios like these are great to put a pissed off look on your face & sit out through any negative shoe . I play emotionless but poke my lip out in the situations like you mentioned above just to put on a show for the EITS/ if they are any bit of experienced they'll understand someone not wanting to play with a ploppy at the table making those type of decisions & wolnt think to suspect you counting. Get use to it, this is at every $5-$10 min table .

How a player plays at 3rd base plays has no affect on me. I remember the times when I stood on a 12 or 13 against a bust card only to see the third base guy hit a 14 or 15 and took away the 3-5 card, the dealer busts. We benefit just as often when someone makes a dumb play at 3rd base but I've also sat at 3rd base and upset ploppies while playing perfectly.

Remember era time in Tunica when I sat down at 3rd base at a DD game where this guy was playing $600 a spot on 3 spots. I put down $25. He ended up with a split and had $2400 on the table, the dealer had a 5. I had a soft 18 that I elected to double. I ended up getting a 10 for a hard 18, the dealer had a ten down and drew a 4. I lost $25, the other guy lost $2400. He started yelling at me, calling me names, I just walked away.

And how can a participant on first "adapt" to this situation, if something could be done about it?
    You should play as well as you're able. If your good play isn't winning, walk away.

Trying to compensate in novel ways usually leads to trouble. If the cards aren't marked, you should probably play it by the book.
    May the cards fall in your favor.