See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Definition of AP

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjacktilt View Post
    Advantage plays such as capping, past posting, card marking etc. are unfair and illegal....
    Are embezzling funds and insider trading techniques for gaining an advantage in the finance world? Is killing your opponents in a Poker game and taking their money an AP? IMO, any technique that can result in a criminal record is, by definition, not advantageous.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Are embezzling funds and insider trading techniques for gaining an advantage in the finance world? Is killing your opponents in a Poker game and taking their money an AP? IMO, any technique that can result in a criminal record is, by definition, not advantageous.
    I neither do nor condone those techniques but I would have to say that for the people that succeed with them and aren't caught, they were in fact, advantageous plays. That's providing they can live with their conscience.

Blog Entries

Only, an advantage play is one that has positive EV with reasonable variance. Progression systems or rabbits' feet are not APs for those where it happened to have resulted in a profit.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Very good questions Norm. IMO, embezzling and insider trading are AP plays. Can I say legal or illegal? Well, besides the fact that embezzling is illegal I do not know much about it or insider trading to give you a reasonable educated answer. Poker on the other hand, I think I can. I have been playing poker decent enough to not be a long term loser, but it hasn't been easy. You must learn several aspects of the game before you can actually play for money. If you do not, you are just gambling and hopefully losing your money to me. I would compare it to an NBA team facing a high school team. The high school team knows how to play, but they do not have the experience and for the most part are one dimensional. Therefore the high school team is simply outmatched.
    Only the strong survive

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567