See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Album

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    No, it's a very light bike (rules out Harleys) but not street-fighter sporty (although it was popular dirt race bike). Close to the Honda you mentioned but different make.
    Rules out an Indian, which came to mind when you talked about the age. But, perhaps I'm older. If you're talking dirt, I assume two-stroke. My bikes were all cruisers. I don't know the high-rear fender bikes. Had two BMWs that were great on the road. Had one Harley SuperGlide. It was before they gave up on American carbs and switched to Mikunis. Accelerate at full throttle, and the bike would stall at 65MPH because the carbs were so sensitive that the filters wouldn’t pass fuel quickly enough. The bike sure looked fast . The other problem was that your hands went completely numb from the vibrations after about 60 miles. Had to keep switching hands. Same thing with feet. Couldn't keep your feet on the pegs too long.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Banned or Suspended

Norm,

Well, I guess I can see you on a BMW I remember riding the first Superglide, I believe it was red, white and blue, cool looking at the time.

As to vibration, it used to be said, prior to the rubber mounted engines, that if you were constipated to take a Sportster for a 30 mile ride.

As to Mikunis they are a great carb, I have 4 downdraft Mikunis on the Max that have a small supercharger on them that are rather amazing when they hit at 6,200RPM's, I should say very scary.

Ouchez
    Last edited by Ouchez; 08-24-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Banned or Suspended

Friends,

I want to thank all of you who have commented thru PM on my album pictures, gals and guys, very sweet of you all to take the time, I thank you, my machines thank you, and my Grandson, who graces my new Avatar as well as the album picture when he was younger,,,thanks you, BTW his name is Carpenter.

Again, I hope many of you will do the same with your Albums!

Sincerely,
    Ouchez
    Last edited by Ouchez; 08-24-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Rules out an Indian, which came to mind when you talked about the age. But, perhaps I'm older. If you're talking dirt, I assume two-stroke.
    Correct, not an Indian, and I'm pretty sure you're older than me. It's a four-stroke, though (Correction from implied info on my post-- not talking dirt bike racing, but dirt track racing )

Quote Originally Posted by Ouchez View Post
    As to Mikunis they are a great carb, I have 4 downdraft Mikunis on the Max that have a small supercharger on them that are rather amazing when they hit at 6,200RPM's, I should say very scary.
    Ouchez
    Yep, my bike has Mikunis and I've never had a problem with them. Ditched the stock airbox(es) and pretty noticeable difference. No supercharger though
    ~Tom (aka "PT")

For sale: BlackjackLab

Banned or Suspended

Tom,

Back then the Harley XR750 was big in flat track and almost unbeatable but Yamaha and Triumph and BSA were pretty good too. Lotta fun to watch.

Ouchez

Nice try, but that isn't you...that's Evel Kneivel!

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by 21gunsalute View Post
    Nice try, but that isn't you...that's Evel Kneivel!
    21, never thought of that, cool,,,I still have the original ticket I bought to see him jump over the Snake River Canyon. Kneivel was a real original, wild and crazy party guy with alot of guts. Some people I did bizzness with knew him from his days in Butte Montana, wild and crazy for sure. You could say he and I had a lot in common in my far younger days.

I heard you seem to be enjoying life to a far greater extent of late, I am very happy for you!

Ouchez
    Last edited by Ouchez; 08-25-2012 at 04:47 AM.

21, never thought of that, cool,,,I still have the original ticket I bought to see him jump over the Snake River Canyon. Kneivel was a real original, wild and crazy party guy with alot of guts. Some people I did bizzness with knew him from his days in Butte Montana, wild and crazy for sure. You could say he and I had a lot in common in my far younger days.

I heard you seem to be enjoying life to a far greater extent of late, I am very happy for you!

Ouchez
    Yeah, life's been pretty good the last few weeks even though I've been getting my butt kicked regularly at Blackjack!

...............but Yamaha and Triumph and BSA were pretty good too...........
    Ouchez
    Well, I guess that narrows it down then
    ~Tom (aka "PT")

For sale: BlackjackLab

Banned or Suspended

User is banned, content deleted.

Banned or Suspended

Z-Man,

That should not surprise anyone, pills, with all those injuries, alcohol, again, all those injuries, Women, probably more than one could imagine(what is wrong with that anyhow?), but sadly they seem to come with fame.

Today we have the opposite in Tim Tebow and he is savaged by the press!

Evel, at the end admitted his faults, asked for forgivness,,,I for one forgive him and hope he is in a good place today, hope you will too.

Thanks for the film.
    Ouchez

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    I saw him jump and crash at the Caesars Fountains
    I hate when I do that.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Banned or Suspended

User is banned, content deleted.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast